Sundown Audio

Line driver needed for 1500D?

What's your head unit and what do you have the LPF at?

Eclipse AVN6620 an the LPF is eighty. The HU is spost to be 8v out

I'm positive on the amp wired correctly and my boss tuned the system. I work at a shop. The only question I have is on the wires, since it's a monoblock amp it shouldn't matter how my speaker leads go in right? It has to speaker connects like a 2 channel but I just wired it to 1 positive/negative or should I have bridged it?

Is this on the amp or h/u because the amp"s LPF doesn't mark where 80hz so make sure to turn the LPF on the amp up.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I've got the HU at eighty an the amp is around eighty i'm guessing or as close as I can eyeball it. The amp isn't going into protection or getting hot.

I have the IDQs in a dodge ram glassed box under the rear seats, I have roughly 1-1.2cuft per woofer with a 3" by 11.5 long port, per LEAP and IDs box specs.

I can't remember if I checked the phase or not, I'll hook it back up and take a look at it 2moro.

I did notice that the IDQs when run off the SA sound like they're crappin out from not enough power, but don't make the noise with the other 2 amps I tried.

Edited by devilman

What's your head unit and what do you have the LPF at?

Eclipse AVN6620 an the LPF is eighty. The HU is spost to be 8v out

I'm positive on the amp wired correctly and my boss tuned the system. I work at a shop. The only question I have is on the wires, since it's a monoblock amp it shouldn't matter how my speaker leads go in right? It has to speaker connects like a 2 channel but I just wired it to 1 positive/negative or should I have bridged it?

Let me get this straight... You work at a shop.. Don't truly understand how to set up a amp... And have 8volts of preout voltage, and asking if you need a line driver...

Come on now really?

I've had 5volts to my old 1500d and always had my gains on the floor and got maximum power out of the amp.

Only thing I can think of, your maybe sending to much input voltage and the amp isn't working correct. That is possible.