Sundown Audio

Line driver needed for 1500D?

So I set all the settings to how everyone said and yes the SSF was all the way up and the IDQs are moving but still not right. Soooo I took them out and put my orion XTR pros in an WOW! I built tha box just like it said to but I guess the IDQs didn't like it (or the amp) and the XTRs fit in the same basic box and they slam! It's the hardest hitting dodge under seat box we've built and the gains are set a lil above 1/4!

Oh and the boss man ate his words! LOL!

Thanks for the replys guys, I knew this thing had power!

Very nice -- glad you like it ! :drink40:

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

The reason why I'm on here asking is cuz all my boss would say is "I told you that POS amp didn't have any power". I don't set the amps or tune the system, all I do is the wiring/door speakers/HU and he does tha rest. I don't usually ever set the gains on the amp so I was asking. This is just my pt time job guys, I work full time at the fire dept so I'm no expert. Sorry if it came off sounding that way.

So I'll ask cuz I don't know, what is the SSF?

I can't wait till' you get this thing figured out cause your boss WILL be made a believer! The SAZ-1500D is a savage amp that can hold it's own against any others in that power range. I did interpret your "I work at a shop" comment as meaning "I know what i'm doing" so excuse me if that weren't the case. The SSF is short for Subsonic filter, it's a feature on the amp that filters out frequencies below the tuning of your box to prevent your subs from trying to play frequencies too far below tuning, which can damage your subs in certain situations.

So I set all the settings to how everyone said and yes the SSF was all the way up and the IDQs are moving but still not right. Soooo I took them out and put my orion XTR pros in an WOW! I built tha box just like it said to but I guess the IDQs didn't like it (or the amp) and the XTRs fit in the same basic box and they slam! It's the hardest hitting dodge under seat box we've built and the gains are set a lil above 1/4!

Oh and the boss man ate his words! LOL!

Thanks for the replys guys, I knew this thing had power!

Damn i'm good 8)

What impedance are the subs? How were the coils wired up? Who wired them up? Who set the gain? I'm just trying to figure out what the final load was to the amp cause I have a hard time believing those subs aren't moving like crazy when wired down to 1 ohm on that amp and with the gain set properly. What is the impedance of the XTR subs you put in, are the DVC or SVC? How are they wired up and wired to the amp?

What I would do is set the gain myself, double check the impedance of the subs (IDQ's) and ensure they're wired properly to a 1 ohm load (if that's even possible, depending on their impedance), ohm out the coils on the subs to make sure nothing is wrong with them, and if you're able to wire them to 1ohm then you should put them back in and let 'em rip. Those IDQ are very efficient subs, you can run them on as little as 50 watts rms so i'm sure 750 watts rms each will have those things bangin'!

Did you make any changes at all to the gain from the time your supervisor "tuned" your amp to now?

why was the subsonic all the way up? thats not right. if your box is ported, put it around where the box is tuned, preferably a little lower than the box is tuned to. if its sealed, put it at like 25hz. and btw, gain position means absolutely nothing with volume.

Why would you even turn the SSF on at all if the subs were in a sealed box?

Sorry guess I should have clarified, The SSF was turned all the way up ( by the sundown hater) and I turned it down to where it should be

I don't set the amps on our systems, my boss thinks he's tha only 1 that can do it right. I have a very basic knowledge on how/where the settings are spost to be but idk everything. And I appreciate all the help that has been given by yall. I know I should know more about the settings but I've only been "allowed" to do the wiring and installing all the speakers and amps. Basically I do everything and my boss builds the box and does all the tuning.

Yeah, he did it right......if his goal was to sabotage the install. Edited by SQMonte

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Does your main power line have a fuse? Also did your boss crank the gain up without you looking?

Yeah I have a 300 ANL inline an no he's not allowed to touch my amps anymore.

What size wire again? Double check input voltage with a DMM on the power and remote.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Ok so the SA1500 isn't working now. I put it back in and it did fine an today driving home it shut off. Checked the fuse and all connections and everything is good. It's not going into protection, didn't smoke or anything, just shut off. Anybody had this happen before?

First thing I would do is check voltage at the amp...if it just shut off my guess would be either a bad power connection or bad remote connection, possibly even a bad ground connection. So obviously check all your connections at the amp and the other end of said connection too. That would be my guess.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Does your main power line have a fuse? Also did your boss crank the gain up without you looking?

Yeah I have a 300 ANL inline an no he's not allowed to touch my amps anymore.

What size wire again? Double check input voltage with a DMM on the power and remote.

I'm running 4ga power/ground to it.