• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So, I have been dong more and more research, and have found the welding cable has lower strand counts.  Is this true or am I just mistaken.  So if anyone has any other help, I guess I am just trying to get the best flow and thought I might be able to do it a little better with fewer runs, but is multiple runs of 1/0 (or RF 2/0) the way to go?

Yeah welding supply has I belive the loest strand count out of the bunch. Probably bad for flexability. The best way to go would be multipel runs. That's just me, I belive that my amps should eat the power, not the cabel. If your going to do multipel runs, do it in 1/0. The 2/0 dosent really make that big of a diff in a multi run setup.

lol to be honest wire is wire most of the time... as long as you have the about same amount of strands it shouldnt matter (other then resistance)... so if you concerned about strand count then ask the company you were going to by the wire from... if they dont want to tell you then theres a good chance its not up to par with awg standards

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer