Second Skin Audio

Will This Blow The Sub?

sub_amp_config.jpg

That is how I have the sub hooked up... I am pretty sure this is how CC hooked it up when I had only one kicker comp vr, and I am just trying to keep 1 sub in there right now so this is how it is hooked up. Can anyone tell me if this is harmful to the sub? I got out and opened the trunk and had that sub playing at the loudest level that I listen to (25 out of 62) and it sounded nice, no distortion or anything. So I should be good.... Right?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

as long as you aren't bottoming out the sub and playing it at full tilt for hours at a time, I'd say you'll be fine.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

can't read it, but it looks like a standard bridge

225HP 1996 S-Dime

JVC KD-G820

Crunch PZi 2250 powering Two Ascendant Audio Assassin 8s wired to 2 ohm at 225W RMS 2.26CF @ 36.4Hz 43.5 square inches of port with 45's

Kicker ZX350.4 powering CDT CL-61A's with TW-24 Tweeters

Contact me:

AIM: Necromancer Ku

YIM: Ku_Karukasa

MSN: [email protected]

verification_seal.gif

you need a clamp meter too

What is that?

I went out to a parking lot last night and opened the trunk to see if the sub was bottoming out and it wasn't, it sounded really nice and powerful. So Nothing is being harmed right?

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

What is that?

I went out to a parking lot last night and opened the trunk to see if the sub was bottoming out and it wasn't, it sounded really nice and powerful. So Nothing is being harmed right?

nope its all good ive connected speakers the same way just be careful your not giving to much power to the speaker example 2000 watts to a 500 watt speaker.

Edited by Mastersound15

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

nope its all good ive connected speakers the same way just be careful your not giving to much power to the speaker example 2000 watts to a 500 watt speaker.

That is basically what this thread is about the site says that the amp pushes 300rms x 2 at 4 ohms, and this sub is only 300wrms ..... that is where I wanna know if it will blow or not. I am assuming in not giving too much power because the sub does not sound distorted or bottom out...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

That is basically what this thread is about the site says that the amp pushes 300rms x 2 at 4 ohms, and this sub is only 300wrms ..... that is where I wanna know if it will blow or not. I am assuming in not giving too much power because the sub does not sound distorted or bottom out...

with those speacs i wouldnt even give it a second thought :)

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)