Whats The Max Power I Could Get?

Whats the maximum wattage I could run with 120 amp alternator? I just need a ballpark.. think I could run 2000rms or just stick to about 1200-1500 rms? I'll definitely do the big 3, and a second batt (if needed)

I just kinda want a ballpark of what kinda wattage I could pull outta a 120 amp alternator, so I could kinda decide on what I would want speaker wise.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

u will get alot of mixed answers on this one! we have done quite a few 2000 + watt rms with stock alts...definitly not stock batts though. the ones we have done we changed the stock batt for a kinetik(as big as will fit) then add a kinetik 600 in the back if needed. we have yet to have any problems with that setup. upping the alt is always a good idea when adding batts though. like meade says...overkill wont hurt.

u will get alot of mixed answers on this one! we have done quite a few 2000 + watt rms with stock alts...definitly not stock batts though. the ones we have done we changed the stock batt for a kinetik(as big as will fit) then add a kinetik 600 in the back if needed. we have yet to have any problems with that setup. upping the alt is always a good idea when adding batts though. like meade says...overkill wont hurt.

i'm with GHOPPOMAN on this one. i have a 130 amp in my expedition and am running a lil over 3000 rms, but i've changed the stock battery to an optima and have done the big 3.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

OHHH, DO I HAVE INPUT --- :o

When I had both my T1000's in pushin around 2700rms, I had 1/0gauge all around, properly done big 3, & spare deep cycle in the back with 125ah rating, 300amp fuses & a brand new titanium starter batt from advance up front. Soldered all the connections... STOCK ALT (maybe 75-100ampres) When I cranked it, THAT SHIT HIT SO FUCKING HARD & was drawing near 300 amps, but I had almost no dimming at all or stalling of the engine. You could tell after a few minutes there was a voltage drop (gonna have to be, pure physics) but I don't constantly drive with it on full blast. Worked great for daily cuz I could crank it when I wanted to. An upgraded alt would be suggested however when running that much power just because it will make things (and you) a lil more happy. :D

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Archived