Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Help me out! Weird problem...


Recommended Posts

Posted
:noob: I was riden home yesterday and my system was playing normal the way there. I go to leave, Start my car and hear this weird wooop wooop wooop wooop (sorry kinda hard to type a sound) but it was coming thru the inside speakers i guess. So it does that everytime right after i turn the ignition. The deck doesnt turn on or anything? Its cold n snowy* so I havent had the chance to check fuses or nothing. Could the deck be fried? Cars a 92 deville, Im lost... Dont understand why it would just stop working and make these weird beeps out of the blue. Thanks for input in advance

Rebuild in progress...

Posted

is it ur subs or door speakers making the noise? are they both hooked up on amps?

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

Posted

Sounds like crappy battery and are getting low voltage on a cold start, that would happen to my subs when I would play them til the battery was dead. Try putting a switch in the remote line so you can leave the amp off til the car warms up, that worked for me when I had junk batteries.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Posted

The sound is coming from the dash speakers that are still hookd up off deck power, The noise isnt coming thru the subs at all. Doesnt make sense because the amp/subs arent seeing power without the deck on. Idk how the dash speakers are. I gota rf 2002 install for the door speakers but the pods arent done so their not in there jus the ones up front. But also I have a volt meter and it reads 14-15 volts everytime i start it up. stays above 13 even when full tilt. So idk if the battery is the problem. I did even try attachn the deck after driven for a good 15min and still nothing. And I only get the noise at ignition...

Rebuild in progress...

Posted

Hmm, maybe the head unit just doesn't like the cold then. I had a head unit years back that would sound like shit until it got warm in the car.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Posted

Hmm, maybe the head unit just doesn't like the cold then. I had a head unit years back that would sound like shit until it got warm in the car.

Well it is an old deck... But up until now I havent had any problems. Ill pry pull it out when I get a chance. Check the fuse on the back, Run thru the list if needed. Thanks for replyn tho

Rebuild in progress...

Posted

God damn this shit is piss'n me off. Its cold as shit n wet out so I really cant do a whole lot. But Im at the point that im guna have to totally redo shit I guess because i cant pinpoint the prob. I went thru checkd my fuses, checkd the fuse on my deck... all good. Checkd connections at the connection points for power and grounds, remote all that, Nothing disconnected or anything. Ripd the deck out, Hookd up a brand new different one. STILL NOTHING! I have no clue why Im not getn power to the deck? Still makes the 4-5 chimes when i start it to. Could it be the cpu in my car? What the fuck is goin on SMD? Someone drop some knowledge on me

Rebuild in progress...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3803 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...