Need some tweeter suggestions

With my new build I am gonna need a good front stage to keep up with my sub stage. First off lemme give you a little background on my project. Not gonna give up too much info as it is a secret for this year. I am doing a b-pillar 6th order BP with 8 SA-12s and 2 SAZ-3500s. I have already decided on either 2 8" or 2 10" Sundown Pro Audio drivers when they are released. What is a good tweeter that will give me a crisp clean high end sound. I have been looking at Selenium and B&C but I am open for options. This is kind of uncharted territory for me b/c I usually just buy component sets and everything comes together lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

You wont know until Sundown put up some specs on them.

If its in your budget get some horns and a couple of BADASS midbass.

If not, wait on Sundown to give the specs and try to find a supertweeter to match.

The Selenium ST's all need to be crossed over really high, like 5000hz if you put any power on them or they sound like shit! Finding a good mid to play up that high and still have midbass is the challenge when going with pro audio. They just dont make tweeters that are that loud and play low. Most PA set ups I hear have a big gap up high and in the midbass. Is what it is.

If you are dead set on the Sundown mids, you are going to have to wait on the specs.

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

There's plenty of real pro HF drivers that play loud down to 1.25khz fine. But they're all so damn big I don't think you'll be able to fit 'em in a car. You could try some of these http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-JBL-BULLET-TWEETER-HORN-VINTAGE-PAIR-8-OHMS-2402-/280615525044?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item4155fd1ab4 IIRC they can be crossed over at 2.5k-ish

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

yea I was thinking if I go with those huge super tweeters or something I am going to have to build some A-pillars for my truck

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

just so you know, in case you dont, all the vocals will be played through your midrange speakers, not tweeters. so while the tweeters are still important for a complete sound stage, make sure you have some killer midrange speakers. those are the ones you will hear the most.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.