Sonic Electronix

Subwoofer Out Of Phase?

The MTX RFLs are spl subs. I'm not sure on their ratings but I would guess at least 2Keach. So you're trying to push a pair of spl subs that want 4,000watts with a 600watt amp. That just might be part of the problem.

that is why we used his amp, and the subs was moving and hitting, but at volume 12 at like 38hrtz the right sub would go out of control and like i said make a distorted fart noise.

I don't have the tools to take pictures of the wiring on the inside that'll have to wait till another day because I do not think he's gonna call me considering its a holiday.

Derrick824 Posted Today, 12:12 PM

That looks like 10-12awg wire coming out of the amp and 8awg coming out of the box. The power and ground seems to be 4awg. Where's the 4awg and 1/0awg wrapped together? Also they don't show how its wired inside the box. If something is wired out of phase it would most likely be inside there.

the picture that has the black tape on it, thats where the 4awg and 1/awg is wrapped together. he ran a wire from the box, to the speaker wire, connected them together, and put them into the amp.

heres a picture of them taped together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

the picture that has the black tape on it, thats where the 4awg and 1/awg is wrapped together. he ran a wire from the box, to the speaker wire, connected them together, and put them into the amp.

heres a picture of them taped together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There isn't any way thats 4awg or 1/0awg wire. The biggest that'll fit into that amps speaker terminals is 8awg. Be careful playing this setup as is. If a coil is indeed blown then there is a possibility of causing damage to your amp.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

There isn't any way thats 4awg or 1/0awg wire. The biggest that'll fit into that amps speaker terminals is 8awg. Be careful playing this setup as is. If a coil is indeed blown then there is a possibility of causing damage to your amp.

Your right it is 8 i apologize I don't believe the coil is blown their was no smoke or burning smell.

Hey man take that fuse out and reinsert it....The one on the right looks like it may not be all the way in...They are uneven...The one on the left is fine...Pull the right fuse out an reinsert

^^ gonna do that right now.

well, I just got back the left fuse says the 30 going downwards with the 3 on top, the right fuse has the 0 up top and the 3 at the bottom, I tried pulling em out but with no luck.

I did push both of them in as far as they could go though.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Ok..Lets trouble shoot...Do you know what Ohm each of those coils are? Are the fuses even now looking down on them like in your picture? Should be 2 ohm each right.

Well, he used an ohm meter and it said it was at 2 0hm, however he did not take the subs out, and unwire them and test them individually so we could be wrong. The fuses are even.

Posted Image

see how the left amp has 3 on top and 0 at bottom, if u look closely the right fuse has 0 on top and 3 at bottom is it opposed to be like that?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

There is no polarity on fuses, as long as they are not blown, it doesn't matter what direction that they are in. The issue mentioned before was that it looked like one of the fuses wasn't seated properly which may cause a a problem or two.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

see how the left amp has 3 on top and 0 at bottom, if u look closely the right fuse has 0 on top and 3 at bottom is it opposed to be like that?

There is no polarity on fuses, as long as they are not blown, it doesn't matter what direction that they are in. The issue mentioned before was that it looked like one of the fuses wasn't seated properly which may cause a a problem or two.

oki, well I fixed that problem =P.

I was thinking about getting a back up battery mayb that would help?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Archived