rickyfromthe407 Posted January 16, 2011 Author Report Posted January 16, 2011 Were you playing music or test tones? When? If your referring to the issue of Protection mode in the first post, Its really not a big deal since I havnt used the system but maybe 3x for testing till I get everything right. But with that said, I have tested it at 92db with tones and music. Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
JEMT8 Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 Were you playing music or test tones? When? If your referring to the issue of Protection mode in the first post, Its really not a big deal since I havnt used the system but maybe 3x for testing till I get everything right. But with that said, I have tested it at 92db with tones and music. Yeah, i meant during the measuring. you got 92 on both? maybe thats where the meter tops off formerly known as Jaylor Swift
xXxOuTLaWxXx Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 \ / \____________/ Do 2 subs on the face and have a sub on each side at like a 45* angle. That would even be better than how you have it. EDIT: I'm on a phone and it won't even let me do a stick figure drawing quite right. "i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac
d-REW Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 wow at first i was like whoa 100 on a tl impossible but on that stupid iphone app i agree it dont work for shit. tuTWENTY * Team MechMan * Team Shok * Team Sundown
rickyfromthe407 Posted January 16, 2011 Author Report Posted January 16, 2011 \ / \____________/Do 2 subs on the face and have a sub on each side at like a 45* angle. That would even be better than how you have it. Honestly, making a whole new box isn't really worth it to me. When I buy a new amp that can either handle .5ohm with good reviews, or will put out between 1500-1800watts at 2ohm( subs can handle 1600 they are 400rms each. ) , I will be set. I dont need much louder for this build. I drive a F250 diesel daily (maybe not much longer w/ gas prices at 3.40/g. ) , civic is for back and forth to the store, but I needed budget bump! wow at first i was like whoa 100 on a tl impossible but on that stupid iphone app i agree it dont work for shit. Why do you say 100 on TL is impossible? Yeup, iPhone = Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
d-REW Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 cause you can probably yell 100db lol tuTWENTY * Team MechMan * Team Shok * Team Sundown
HHR Ed Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 The I-phone mic doesnt even really read below 200hz. http://blog.faberacoustical.com/2009/iphone/iphone-microphone-frequency-response-comparison/ Please disregard any reading you took from it and pretend you never did that measurement. Now start over with other things you are wanting from your system. if its loud enough to your ear, then you are fine. Ed Lester ShowtimeSPL Host Showtime Electronics Video MarketingMy old Build Loghttp://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl 5 time dB Drag Finalist Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way. Loudest score ever = 171dB 2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion
rickyfromthe407 Posted January 16, 2011 Author Report Posted January 16, 2011 cause you can probably yell 100db lol LOL.... gonna put this iPhone to the test tommorow! LMAO. The I-phone mic doesnt even really read below 200hz. http://blog.faberacoustical.com/2009/iphone/iphone-microphone-frequency-response-comparison/ Please disregard any reading you took from it and pretend you never did that measurement. Now start over with other things you are wanting from your system. if its loud enough to your ear, then you are fine. Word. Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
wilkinschunilall Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 If it the SPL app on Iphone that cost 5 dollars it doesnt work good well its off My system was reading 98.9 DB and when i tested it at a friends hand held meter i was hitting 110DB and it wasnt even an offical test
rickyfromthe407 Posted January 16, 2011 Author Report Posted January 16, 2011 If it the SPL app on Iphone that cost 5 dollars it doesnt work good well its off My system was reading 98.9 DB and when i tested it at a friends hand held meter i was hitting 110DB and it wasnt even an offical test The one I used was called Decibel Meter or Decibel Meter Pro or some shit like that, I dont rememeber exactly, i think it was just decibel meter, the pro is like 2$, but i jailbreak my iPhone so I might have gotten it free. But i think its decibel meter. who knows, but you guys are right its not accurate at all. now I just gotta mess with it and see why the amp is switching into protect mode and what is making it do it! is it certain htz freq's or is it when it holds a long freq or what it could be, because im pretty sure theres nothing wrong with the way my subs are wired. hmm. troubleshooting begins. i wish the amp had an actual gain knob instead of just a damn "Level" screw. I dont know if its the same thing, but hell thats all its got! Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.