How to hook up car audio in your house

PSU and battery charger are common-grounded through the wall socket. If it doesnt work (there are protection circuits sometimes) you can add a jumper, but its probably not needed.

That's a common AC ground from their inputs, but you need a common DC ground (negative) from their outputs.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

they're internally bonded on most that i've run across.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

at 1st i was thinking the PSU was a waste because you can just wire the HU to the battery and have a switch for the HU's power. but now i think the HU itself is useless. why set up a home stereo to a car HU? i have done this exact same thing in my room and i just have a 3.5mm-rca jack and i plug it into my laptop. now instead of taking songs off the computer, putting them onto the ipod or whatever then putting it on the HU... you just plug it into the computer. if i get more complicated with it i might hook this all up to my xbox too.

just seems more practical NOT to use a HU since its in your house.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Agree, dont need the HU if you've got other sources.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

PSU on an amp is fine if its done right. Its not most of the time, though.

so a normal 350 watt psu to a 1,000 watt amp is fine? please explain

....who the hell manufacturers 350 watt psu's anymore. you can get a 1000w psu for like $100 or something (idk i didnt check)

edit: checked newegg for a single 12v+ rail 1000w psu. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171049

this one can output 8 0 amps at 12v. not bad LOL

You can do the RCA-3.5mm thing too, I did that before but if you have a HU that has a 3.5mm jack in front you can use that.

Dangit I thought I edited my other post, my bad.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Archived