SPL Gains!! Updates @page 30 (routing the port)

fecupe2001

Now i get it hommie, yes that´s how it looks right now, once again, testing it´s on pause because i´m working on the swift right now, i´m going to Costa Rica next week for a big show :)

Anyways, i honestly think it´s a very good idea, i didn´t think about it before, now that you talked about that thing, i might also try routing that hole so it makes something like a little flare before i heat the PVC and make the real flare, something like what i wanna do to the sub hole on the inside, that should help don´t you think???

tell me a little bit more about the golf ball idea, i mean, how would you do that?? i´m all ears :D

A golf ball is a more aerodynamic than a regular round ball because of the dimples.

I know one of the Aero-Port companies offer a Golf Ball patter aero port so maybe you could try it.

Put some nice dents into your port. Not quite sure with what or how though??? :trippy:

Now i get it hommie, yes that´s how it looks right now, once again, testing it´s on pause because i´m working on the swift right now, i´m going to Costa Rica next week for a big show :)

Anyways, i honestly think it´s a very good idea, i didn´t think about it before, now that you talked about that thing, i might also try routing that hole so it makes something like a little flare before i heat the PVC and make the real flare, something like what i wanna do to the sub hole on the inside, that should help don´t you think???

tell me a little bit more about the golf ball idea, i mean, how would you do that?? i´m all ears :D

A golf ball is a more aerodynamic than a regular round ball because of the dimples.

I know one of the Aero-Port companies offer a Golf Ball patter aero port so maybe you could try it.

Put some nice dents into your port. Not quite sure with what or how though??? :trippy:

right angle drill maybe...?

edit - I wonder if you can get dimpled tape or some other material and just glue it to the inside of the port?

edit 2 - Fuck yeah, right at the bottom of the page :D Might need to coat it with something "smooth" like paint or something maybe though? http://asteamtech.com/documents/131.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laminar_flow

Laminar+flow.jpg

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

i completly understand the concept, i wanna try it, but how would i build those dents? what´s a right angle drill? spanish pleae :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

• 3 weeks later...

why dunt u try the gorilla tape..

ive heard wonders from that thing

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Hmm, if dimples work so well, why don't they do something like that for aircraft and automotive? I'm thinking it works on spinning balls.........

I've never put any thought into it though. If it does in fact work for air passing a stationary object vs creating a "small wake" area behind a moving object, I'm pretty sure random size and depth holes aren't going to cut it. A little R & D might be needed to make it help vs hinder.

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL

why dunt u try the gorilla tape..

ive heard wonders from that thing

I can´t find gorilla tape over here hommie, i would try it tho!!! Best i can find it´s duct tape lol

Hmm, if dimples work so well, why don't they do something like that for aircraft and automotive? I'm thinking it works on spinning balls.........

I've never put any thought into it though. If it does in fact work for air passing a stationary object vs creating a "small wake" area behind a moving object, I'm pretty sure random size and depth holes aren't going to cut it. A little R & D might be needed to make it help vs hinder.

I dunno man,i´m not worrying too much about that, sounds like a lot of work hahaha, remember that all this testings have been CHEAP :yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Because engineers get paid to make crap mostly ;)

Hammerdown... 1%

Nice Thread :good:

this inspirede to run a ground all the way from the batt to my AQ2200D instead of grounding to the frame

:drinks:

Thanks a lot hommie, glad it was helpful, that´s the hole point about this, it´s kind of sad how i haven´t been able to update this thing, it´s just that i moved out from my old apartment and i don´t have a good place to do this testings or even to cut some wood :shrug: , but , my folks are moving to their new home on the mountains, i think i´m gonna take the sexplorer over there and try this things on the weekends :yahoo:

Archived