SPL Gains!! Updates @page 30 (routing the port)

fecupe2001

who wants another update ? :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

what's up? I'm new to this forum. I actually joined just to post in this thread. I stumbled across your name and seen "spl tips" in your sig. That was yesterday. I read all 27 pages last night and was very impressed with the knowledge in this thread. I have 87 Caprice/ rear wheel drive trunk car with the big hump in the trunk; so my work is cut out. Right now I'm at a 147 on the dash with driver door open. I plan to try your tips and hopefully I will gain. I'm going to start with flaring my (3) 6" pvc and grounding my amp to the battery. If I pic up half of what you did , I will be ecstatic. I will eventually try it all and post my results. I hate that I don't have a termlab. I gotta drive 35mins to use one.

I havnt played much on the termlab; but I'm up 3db from when I first started with the same amps and subs. My gain mostly came from box tuning and deadening. Now it's time to apply some of your tips. :)

I have a split bench seat in the front and was wondering if any of you think I might gain from switching to smaller bucket seats.

The only contribution I have right now is gaining .5 from removing the top section of my rear seat versus laying it down on the lower section. If I remove the whole seat,I lose about .2. My outlaw score also goes up if I pac pillows around the rear of my box. But it loses sealed. I've metered 145 sealed on the dash. This is using two dc xl 15's and 2 hifonics zrx3000's. Subs up/ports to the driver's side. The amps are only clamping about 1500w. I now have a Sundown 3k but havnt metered yet. I can hold over 13v with this amp so I'm expecting it to gain slightly.

welcome to the forum bro, what´s the load on those hifonics amps? 147 on the dash out of a trunk is never easy, that´s a very good starting point of you ask me, at what frequency was that? flaring the 3 6" tubes should gain you at least a full db, that´s the easiest and quickest gain you´ll get so go ahead and do it right now, yes ground the amplifier to the battery, and if you haven´t done it yet, ground the rear battery to the chassis also.

35 min away isn´t that bad my man, you just need to flare those things, add the wires, etc etc etc and take the car over there, burp it and from there, you start moving everything you can, trust me, less than an hour of work and you´ll gain at least 0.5 dbs more, with the flares and wires you should be close to 149 in a second!

About the seats, don´t have a clue my man, i haven´t worked on that, fucking hate trunks lol, packing pillows around the rear of the box wouldn´t gain you anything since you are doing subs up and port side.

If you clamped only 1500 watts, i´m assuming they were wired at 1 ohm a piece right? dual 2 ohms subs? planning on wiring the 3K at .5 ohms or what? that should get you a very nice gain, what´s you electrical also? you can send me a pm if you want and will be glad to help you out as much as i can.

I'm tuned to 34ish and I was burping at 38 sealed and 37 outlaw. Yeah I do have d2 subs and its now wired down to .5 on the saz3k. It sounds stronger; but I don't know for sure. I have four drycells and 2 alts. a 200 amp and a 140. 3 batts in da trunk and 1 behind the driver seat. I got a twin turbo setup under the hood, so no room for batts up there.lol I also have a run of 1/0 from each alt. THe battery cage is made from angle steel and welded to the trunk floor in front of the box. Each battery is grounded to the cage and a single 3/0 is running from the cage to the frame. I also have 3/0 from the frame to the motor in the front. I think my electrical is pretty strong for my setup.

The funny thing is; everybody that gets a demo swears that it is much louder. Btw,I have done a 141.6 @ 28hz.

You got me very excited. Hopefully I will hit a 49 with the help from you guys.

After reading this thread, it appears that airflow is extremely important. Kind of like a cylinder head from a engine. With that in mind I'm going to clean up some of the flow coming out the trunk. I'm going to try the bucket seats too. My seats don't fold up and they fully cover that area of the car. No room for the air to flow fwd. I'm also planning a horizontal 1/4pvc at the opposite end of the ports(I think I said that right).

Thanks for your help

87 Caprice twin-turbo 6.0

2 DC 15 xl's

Sundown 3k

96 Volvo 850r

3 15's on 9k - no wall

154.3db legal

www.youtube.com/boostdoctor

www.facebook.com/boostdoctor

what's up? I'm new to this forum. I actually joined just to post in this thread. I stumbled across your name and seen "spl tips" in your sig. That was yesterday. I read all 27 pages last night and was very impressed with the knowledge in this thread. I have 87 Caprice/ rear wheel drive trunk car with the big hump in the trunk; so my work is cut out. Right now I'm at a 147 on the dash with driver door open. I plan to try your tips and hopefully I will gain. I'm going to start with flaring my (3) 6" pvc and grounding my amp to the battery. If I pic up half of what you did , I will be ecstatic. I will eventually try it all and post my results. I hate that I don't have a termlab. I gotta drive 35mins to use one.

I havnt played much on the termlab; but I'm up 3db from when I first started with the same amps and subs. My gain mostly came from box tuning and deadening. Now it's time to apply some of your tips. :)

I have a split bench seat in the front and was wondering if any of you think I might gain from switching to smaller bucket seats.

The only contribution I have right now is gaining .5 from removing the top section of my rear seat versus laying it down on the lower section. If I remove the whole seat,I lose about .2. My outlaw score also goes up if I pac pillows around the rear of my box. But it loses sealed. I've metered 145 sealed on the dash. This is using two dc xl 15's and 2 hifonics zrx3000's. Subs up/ports to the driver's side. The amps are only clamping about 1500w. I now have a Sundown 3k but havnt metered yet. I can hold over 13v with this amp so I'm expecting it to gain slightly.

welcome to the forum bro, what´s the load on those hifonics amps? 147 on the dash out of a trunk is never easy, that´s a very good starting point of you ask me, at what frequency was that? flaring the 3 6" tubes should gain you at least a full db, that´s the easiest and quickest gain you´ll get so go ahead and do it right now, yes ground the amplifier to the battery, and if you haven´t done it yet, ground the rear battery to the chassis also.

35 min away isn´t that bad my man, you just need to flare those things, add the wires, etc etc etc and take the car over there, burp it and from there, you start moving everything you can, trust me, less than an hour of work and you´ll gain at least 0.5 dbs more, with the flares and wires you should be close to 149 in a second!

About the seats, don´t have a clue my man, i haven´t worked on that, fucking hate trunks lol, packing pillows around the rear of the box wouldn´t gain you anything since you are doing subs up and port side.

If you clamped only 1500 watts, i´m assuming they were wired at 1 ohm a piece right? dual 2 ohms subs? planning on wiring the 3K at .5 ohms or what? that should get you a very nice gain, what´s you electrical also? you can send me a pm if you want and will be glad to help you out as much as i can.

I'm tuned to 34ish and I was burping at 38 sealed and 37 outlaw. Yeah I do have d2 subs and its now wired down to .5 on the saz3k. It sounds stronger; but I don't know for sure. I have four drycells and 2 alts. a 200 amp and a 140. 3 batts in da trunk and 1 behind the driver seat. I got a twin turbo setup under the hood, so no room for batts up there.lol I also have a run of 1/0 from each alt. THe battery cage is made from angle steel and welded to the trunk floor in front of the box. Each battery is grounded to the cage and a single 3/0 is running from the cage to the frame. I also have 3/0 from the frame to the motor in the front. I think my electrical is pretty strong for my setup.

The funny thing is; everybody that gets a demo swears that it is much louder. Btw,I have done a 141.6 @ 28hz.

After reading this thread, it appears that airflow is extremely important. Kind of like a cylinder head from a engine. With that in mind I'm going to clean up some of the flow coming out the trunk. I'm going to try the bucket seats too. My seats don't fold up and they fully cover that area of the car. No room for the air to flow fwd. I'm also planning a horizontal 1/4pvc at the opposite end of the ports(I think I said that right).

Thanks for your help

ground both the alts to the frame to. might get a little gain from that. would be a good test.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Thanks for your help

ground both the alts to the frame to. might get a little gain from that. would be a good test.

Ok. I'm on it! :)

87 Caprice twin-turbo 6.0

2 DC 15 xl's

Sundown 3k

96 Volvo 850r

3 15's on 9k - no wall

154.3db legal

www.youtube.com/boostdoctor

www.facebook.com/boostdoctor

i know people don`t care that much about this topic anymore, but i´ll keep updating it since it`s useful for me also to have the notes anywhere :)

Toyota Yaris

2 Pioneer 40$ subs 12" D4

DD m2 wired at 1 ohm

D3100 under the hood and D3100 on the back

Starting score:

syfz.jpg

He wanted to do some buss bars since he was going to build something bigger later, i was really curious to see if there was any drop on the score going from direct connections on the battery bolts vs doing bars using 1/4" thick aluminum.

sje3.jpg

hxho.jpg

Not bad...

krus.jpg

Done!!

t437.jpg

yyxg.jpg

Ended up looking nice if you ask me :)

z1vu.jpg

Then finally, we hooked up everything like it was before, once again, we wanted to see if using only 1/4" thickness aluminum bars we would drop.

and the results...

clgt.jpg

Not a bad test at all if you ask me, specially taking in consideration that the 1/4" thick aluminum is CHEAP as hell, of course, this depends entirely on the application, i guess a bigger system with a bigger voltage drop could show you a different result, but even if i drop only a couple of tenths, i still can save a lot of money if i take this route :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Few minutes after this test, we tried grounding the rear battery to the chassis rather than only having a negative run from the front battery to the rear battery, i`ll post the pics and results in a few minutes :)

Few minutes after this test, we tried grounding the rear battery to the chassis rather than only having a negative run from the front battery to the rear battery, i`ll post the pics and results in a few minutes :)

Im a lil in for those results, after seeing other known members results...

always in for more results. have you tested grounding the alt to the chasis/frame? would be interesting to see what kind of gain could be had with that.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived