Sonic Electronix

JL or Sundown  

17 members have voted

1. 1. JL or Sundown

• JL
    • Sundown

There subs arnt bad but very overpriced. On the other hands there amplifiers are hunks of shit. I HAD 4 12" w6v2 and 2 1000/1 and a 450/4 and all ZR series speakers. Id say which ever is cheaper which i think would be sundown, Sundown is great and im currently running there SAZ3500

2011 Subaru WRX

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD

(2) Sets of Rockford Fosgate T3 6.5 Components

rf2c.png

In the works:

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp

(2)DC Audio 12" XLM2

the only reason you are seeing so many people say sundown is they hav no clue, have never touched or even seen the JL, it says JL so it's over priced and under performing. It doesn't matter that it will perform better on rms and sound cleaner. which is what OP wants. the SA says sundown on the cone so it's better, doesn't matter it needs like 400watts more than the jl to reach max potential

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Ive had and entire jl system as stated above and i voted sundown, I think he can make the Sundown perform clean and clear with clean wattage and the right ammount for cheaper than JL.

2011 Subaru WRX

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD

(2) Sets of Rockford Fosgate T3 6.5 Components

rf2c.png

In the works:

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp

(2)DC Audio 12" XLM2

cuz i have a JL Audio 500/1v2, and thats what i would b powering the sundowns or JL's whichever i get

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

I had 3 w7 12's, 3 jl 1000/1v2's, all jl components, a jl 450/4, n I wud still take sundown over jl anyday

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

the only reason you are seeing so many people say sundown is they hav no clue, have never touched or even seen the JL, it says JL so it's over priced and under performing. It doesn't matter that it will perform better on rms and sound cleaner. which is what OP wants. the SA says sundown on the cone so it's better, doesn't matter it needs like 400watts more than the jl to reach max potential

Damn sure you could make Sundown sound just as good as some JL. Don't try and say that everyone who said Sundown is basically a dumb ass.

you can make it louder, but I seriously doubt cleaner. the jl is geared towards sq while the sundown is towards loud. the w3 also responds less peaky. also there isn't many subs that can touch the w6 when it comes to sq and under $300.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived