Sonic Electronix

We forgot smokeumtires! He has 4. Now we are over 20 haha

His real name is Kaimana (which was already mentioned). Underlok makes 22 though :)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

It's a great sounding sub. It's a low end monster, but it can play punchy bass too. Compared to a lot of 18's, the sound is a lot tighter. I have to go and find songs with really fast bass lines to try to replicate the muddy sound you often get from 18's. Once example is the guitar solo in Metallica - One. The sub butchers the song, but at the same time I've only heard 1 setup that was keeping up and it was Alumapro 12's.

I'll tell you this though, if you don't have the money to provide this sub with plenty of power (good electricals, good wiring, plenty of battery bank, big amp 5k+) this isn't the sub for you. I'm running it off a SAZ-4500D @ 1 ohm and I know it wants more power.

It's a great sounding sub. It's a low end monster, but it can play punchy bass too. Compared to a lot of 18's, the sound is a lot tighter. I have to go and find songs with really fast bass lines to try to replicate the muddy sound you often get from 18's. Once example is the guitar solo in Metallica - One. The sub butchers the song, but at the same time I've only heard 1 setup that was keeping up and it was Alumapro 12's.

I'll tell you this though, if you don't have the money to provide this sub with plenty of power (good electricals, good wiring, plenty of battery bank, big amp 5k+) this isn't the sub for you. I'm running it off a SAZ-4500D @ 1 ohm and I know it wants more power.

yeah right on. how much did you get yours for? over a G prbly. im just looking into getting a suv and start doing a 18 build in a year or so. i just like all kinds of music and dont want to just listen to rap. i never owned a 18 so i dont know what im getting myself into ha

They sound great, this is the first ported box I've run in over 10 years and these subs still sound great on rock (I listen to tons of metal). They don't sound as good as my ols school 12's sealed but that is to be expected. As others have said they love the lows. Mine dig on mid to high 20's.

All in all they were the most problem free part of my build. It's also worth note that dbdon did some testing on his 15 putting 7kw at it for 2 hours on tone and it didn't melt down. His thread is worth looking at. I could be wrong on the details but the testing was sick (on my phone can't look for reference but the thread is on this forum).

There are tons of options out there so just be sure to do your homework. I would make the same choice again without a second thought.

On 3000 to 3300 they don't even get warm.

The only negative I can say about them is that they don't hit like many other subs out there. They do however sound better (to me), they hum, and roll rather than kick your teeth in or give you a splitting headache (obviously talking about higher fq's).

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

The only negative I can say about them is that they don't hit like many other subs out there. They do however sound better (to me), they hum, and roll rather than kick your teeth in or give you a splitting headache (obviously talking about higher fq's).

you need more power lol.gif

mine give me headaches

but im just a puss who cant handle

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Pricing is very reasonable, to be what it is. I don't know many other subs through a dealer anywhere close to the performance that is that cheap.

I know 3inch coil 12spoke no special cooling and 2000rms sub that cost almost double at dealer cost.

I love how AA still made it affordable even though its not a easy/cheap sub to build.

mine give me headaches

You have 4 of those beasts, I wonder why.

mine give me headaches

Always need more power haha

Just my experience with similarly tuned boxes is all ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived