Sundown Audio

can this do this?

nathan664

like everyone else has said make sure damn well you have one hell of an electrical to power a 4k amp down to .5 even 1ohm is hard on an electrical system

98% of the time a stock electrical can handle 1500-2000krms without too much of a problem but when you get down to lower impedance and stuff shit really gets jacked up in the power department.

i know my 99 tahoe didnt like 2.4k very much i was dropping like 10.5v

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

well i have is an kenteis hc 2400 batt. an 211 amp alt and im going to add a nother soon. i did the big 3 but only 2g wire and a yellow top batt at front.

XTA4000>your electrical system

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Lucky, my stock electrical couldn't even handle 1kwrms. My alt kept frying. :angry:

1995 GMC Jimmy 4dr

DC Power 320 amp hairpin alt

2 12" RD Alpha V2s w/ PSI softparts

Soundstream XXX6500D

RE XXX 6.5 mids and Polk Coaxes

MBQ DSC4125

2 1/0 runs

2 DD 2515s

Starting new build soon, building two frankenwoofers with the 2515s and Alpha V2s.

i called powerbass and asked specifically about this amp being wired to .5ohm. they said that it WILL have problems. might take it for a while but it will give out.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You'll be fine. My XXX6500D has seen all the way down to .25ohms for months without a hitch. My old PB ASA1500.1D has seen .5ohms since day one and it didn't flip its shit either.

actually no he wont be fine the newer 4ks dont like .5 and will burn up

the older ones were cool with it but not new ones

i usta run my powerbass xa300ds at .175 (huge battery supply) and they took it fine

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

You'll be fine. My XXX6500D has seen all the way down to .25ohms for months without a hitch. My old PB ASA1500.1D has seen .5ohms since day one and it didn't flip its shit either.

Dude, your amp has nothing to do with his amp... Just cause some amps can run at super low impedance, doesn't mean all will.

OP, honestly, in most cases its not worth the strain on the amp and electrical, for what? A few extra watts you'll never hear.

If you wanted to burp only for comps, sure, but daily .5 just isn't worth it in most cases.

like everyone else has said make sure damn well you have one hell of an electrical to power a 4k amp down to .5 even 1ohm is hard on an electrical system

98% of the time a stock electrical can handle 1500-2000krms without too much of a problem but when you get down to lower impedance and stuff shit really gets jacked up in the power department.

i know my 99 tahoe didnt like 2.4k very much i was dropping like 10.5v

yeah my 91 chevy s-10 blazer did not like the hifonics colossus amp i put in there. it had 2/ch and it droped from 14.4 to 10.3 volts.

As I also stated, my old PB amp took .5 ohms daily on stock electrical, only problem is I went through two alts in one year. Granted my old amp was less power, but it was from the same company we're talking about so it is still relevant.

1995 GMC Jimmy 4dr

DC Power 320 amp hairpin alt

2 12" RD Alpha V2s w/ PSI softparts

Soundstream XXX6500D

RE XXX 6.5 mids and Polk Coaxes

MBQ DSC4125

2 1/0 runs

2 DD 2515s

Starting new build soon, building two frankenwoofers with the 2515s and Alpha V2s.

Dude, your amp has nothing to do with his amp... Just cause some amps can run at super low impedance, doesn't mean all will.

OP, honestly, in most cases its not worth the strain on the amp and electrical, for what? A few extra watts you'll never hear.

If you wanted to burp only for comps, sure, but daily .5 just isn't worth it in most cases.

well iwant it mostly for burps but i also want it for daily if not i will just do comps and i will get a diff amp for daily.

Archived