Three-Way Switch

3 way switch using toggles can be done. I have a few in my RV, until now I hadden't given much thought about them or how they were wired

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Okay after lots of research, I believe what I need is "SPDT on-on" switches. Is this correct? (I wasn't getting many results searching for "three way switch")

Also, do I need to worry about the voltage and amps they're rated for? This one I was looking at is 125V and 15A. Would that be good? The light strip I ordered was 15 LEDs if that helps... It had no info on the amperage or anything.

Edited by LZTYBRN

Wow I so thought BigBalla was twistedchild420 since he stole twisteds avatar......

15 amp should be fine!!

led's are low power compaired to other lights, and neons.

If the case would ever happen to have enough led's to overload 15amp circuit all that would need to be done is have the switch turn a relay on/off which draws power directly from a battery source.

But you wont have no problems with a 15amp switch.

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Wow I so thought BigBalla was twistedchild420 since he stole twisteds avatar......

I was wondering who you were talking about yesterday :P

And cool, thanks. I was about to give up and just go for a regular toggle in the back. I don't know why, but just searching for 3 way toggles never gave me what I was looking for.