Viper 5901 Blinking LED while I drive?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the ignition wire on a 5901 is in the main 8 pin power harness. the old vipers had a yellow ignition in the flat white harness. Hook the pink wire up and that should sove the problem. If the led is on after you disarm, it means that a zone has been triggered. If the pink ignition wire is connected, when you turn the key on it will stop the led from flashing. Hope that helps you.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

the ignition wire on a 5901 is in the main 8 pin power harness. the old vipers had a yellow ignition in the flat white harness. Hook the pink wire up and that should sove the problem. If the led is on after you disarm, it means that a zone has been triggered. If the pink ignition wire is connected, when you turn the key on it will stop the led from flashing. Hope that helps you.

On my system, my module should cover that portion. I should just have to match up a pink wire with a yellow wire off the module. My module was plug and play for my car.

On my system, my module should cover that portion. I should just have to match up a pink wire with a yellow wire off the module. My module was plug and play for my car.

what year ram and what bypass module are you using? Sounds like that ignition wire isn't powering up to the alarm, as if the alarm isn't seeing 12 volts when you turn the key on.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

What module?

CHALL with CHTH2 - look below for more details

what year ram and what bypass module are you using? Sounds like that ignition wire isn't powering up to the alarm, as if the alarm isn't seeing 12 volts when you turn the key on.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 5.7 Hemi with the CHALL module. Viper 5901 System. I don't have the remote start wires added in yet, I don't know which ones to wire where right now. I am using the CHALL module.

Back to the theory of you missing the ignition wire.. When you arm it does it chirp.....then chirp again after a short delay? Is so then a zone was set off and it won't reset without acknowledging the key being turned. You also can't program and features with it

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Back to the theory of you missing the ignition wire.. When you arm it does it chirp.....then chirp again after a short delay? Is so then a zone was set off and it won't reset without acknowledging the key being turned. You also can't program and features with it

When I arm it, it just chirps and locks. No chirp and pause then chirp. The stock lock honk also honks with the chirp. When i unlock, it chirps. I am thinking I need to apply the ignition wire and when i do that, the system will stop the blinking.

I just wanted to add this, its what I just found.

For people using viper 5901 and chall and a dodge ram like me:

Connect the heavy gauge remote start harness to the Viper. You will only use the Pink wire in this harness. On

the CHALL module, plug in the main harness and connect the YELLOW wire in this harness to the PINK wire on

the Viper harness. This is just used to tell the Viper that the ignition has been turn ON.

I DO NOT PLAN ON wiring my parking lights, instead. I want to get some other after market lights. Any suggestions? I am thinking of mounting several on the bottom of some sort. Any suggestions are welcomed.

I just wanted to add this, its what I just found.

For people using viper 5901 and chall and a dodge ram like me:

Connect the heavy gauge remote start harness to the Viper. You will only use the Pink wire in this harness. On

the CHALL module, plug in the main harness and connect the YELLOW wire in this harness to the PINK wire on

the Viper harness. This is just used to tell the Viper that the ignition has been turn ON.

I DO NOT PLAN ON wiring my parking lights, instead. I want to get some other after market lights. Any suggestions? I am thinking of mounting several on the bottom of some sort. Any suggestions are welcomed.

I would wire the parking lights. All you have to do is use one of the auxiliary connections for the other lights, and link it to the remote start, so when you remote start it will activate aux 1 and turn whatever is on that too. Just my 2 cents. you do all that through programming. I have my headlights hooked to aux 4. Radio to aux 2, and some bluelights to aux 1. When I remote start it turns on the blue floor lights, disables my radio, and turns my headlights on (I am gonna disable that though, as its annoying, lol) I disable the radio because I have an audio glass break sensor, and if I forget to turn my radio off, it sets my alarm off. Plus I hate coming up to my van hearing it from 50 feet away and people looking at me like I am crazy, ha ha

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Archived