How To Properly Fuse Amps and Rear Batteries

Did it Help  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Did this Guide Help You?

• Yes - Thanks :D
    • No - Still Confused :( (Post Why So I Can Help)
    • Didn't Need the Help (Already Know How)
    • I am stupid! Why am I here?

is it necessary to run a 2nd fuse from the power line running from the batt up front to the batt in the back? i have one up front by the front batt but i dont have one in the back running to the rear ones

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

There are some people on this forum that most would not get into an argument with...iso is one of them. To even suggest what you did....

*edit - why risk your hard earned money. Be safe, fuse it.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

is it necessary to run a 2nd fuse from the power line running from the batt up front to the batt in the back? i have one up front by the front batt but i dont have one in the back running to the rear ones

yes! or the fuse at the front is doing nothing.

That's half true it still protects the front battery... But yes you should have a secondary fuse before the secondary battery

you win some, you lose some

That's half true it still protects the front battery... But yes you should have a secondary fuse before the secondary battery

you're not fusing to protect the battery, you're fusing to prevent the cable from catching on fire.

you're not fusing to protect the battery, you're fusing to prevent the cable from catching on fire.

I'm not going to argue with you but you said it did "nothing"

And it is doing something

you win some, you lose some

you need to go out there tomorrow and fix this right away, this is very dangerous, all it takes is your power cable shorting and your whole vehicle will go up in flames, put a fuse withing 12 inches of any battery, batteries hold enormous amounts of energy and they will discharge all that energy very quickly when something is shorted, doesnt matter what size wire you are running, it will burn through it in a heat beat basically turning that wire into little wires like inside a toaster, you know how they turn orange and cook your toast, well they will cook your vehicle in a ball of fire!!!

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

I did answer your question but your lack of real world experience is keeping you from understanding what I have written.

Look the whole idea of fusing has to do with keeping the damage as limited as possible when a component fails.

where? there's nothing intelligent contributed by you in this thread. Yes there is you are just not able to read and comprehend.

I'm beginning to wonder if you even understand how a fuse works.

You seem to not understand how a fuse works and that is pretty damn sad. You have not even explained how an ANL fuse works. This is something that you need to answer before you go and read up about about without researching it

I want you to explain the details and this might help you understand why a fuse is needed at the AMP?

an 80amp fuse at the battery will have the exact same effect in protecting an amplifier that the manufacturer recommends running an external 80amp fuse.

Why do you keep using the 80 amp fuse for a 1000 watt amp. A 1000 watt amp must have at least 100 amps worth of fusing. So there is some proof that you have no idea how to handle the math to figure out what size fuse for large amplifiers.

what are you even trying to argue? I'm not you are.

I don't have a lack of real world experience, nor do I have a lack of theoretical knowledge, it seems you lack both

I know you don't have 16 years worth of experience and I'm confident that you didn't have 2 pros that were highly experience from DB Drag racing training you. ([Jeff Sherrick and Eric Parsley] and Training I received from Auto Illusions of Newark,OH)

I'm not arguing you dum son of a bitch. Number 1, our way is the best and the most smart way to install an amplifier. Period.

Before you question my abilities why don't you look up all of my post and the very few threads that I have started. Then if you have the balls to come back on here and say that I don't know anything, at least you will find out real quick after reading my Pinned threads and all the tech support I have offered people and all be damn that you will find out how beneficial I am when I help.

Again that is why this is

I did answer your question but your lack of real world experience is keeping you from understanding what I have written.

Look the whole idea of fusing has to do with keeping the damage as limited as possible when a component fails.

where? there's nothing intelligent contributed by you in this thread.

I'm beginning to wonder if you even understand a how a fuse works.

an 80amp fuse at the battery will have the exact same effect in protecting an amplifier that the manufacturer recommends running an external 80amp fuse. False

what are you even trying to argue?

alright enough dude, I dont want this thread closed, it is for information, please leave this alone, you sound like a prick in every post you make and your not starting your membership here real well IMO....

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived