Sonic Electronix

Hi Guys, as you know I have 2 15' MTX RFL's mainly for Competing however, everyone is saying that these subs can't be used for daily driving does that mean that it'll cause damage to the subs, or it'll sound like ass? because I think these subs will be fine for Competing, & Daily Driving. I saw videos of the MTX RFL playing music, and it sounded find. I'll post links below.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc..._imag0034_music

it sounds fine to me? so what's up with people saying it's not a good daily driver?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

sounds dam loud to me

i think it will be fine

damienfromfrance is the naysayer but i think itll work just fine

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

sounds dam loud to me

i think it will be fine

damienfromfrance is the naysayer but i think itll work just fine

that's what i'm thinking, I mean when im daily driving obviously Im not gonna have the shit maximum volume, gain all the way up ect ect, just a lil bump. when im competing i'll put the subs to their limit but daily driving i aint gonna fucking give em hell.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

they are not designed for music, they were designed for Burps, yeah you may be able to play music on them for a lil while with real low power, but eventually you will add more power and the subz will goo poof.

prime example of doing things you shouldnt, GalacticMonkey on ROE, bought 4 18" BTL's and slapped some crazy amount of power on them for daily driver/ comp vehicle, and guess what happened, he smoked all 4 subz, just because "1" person figured out how to give those Subz mad power without killing them doesnt mean just anyone can.

they are not designed for music, they were designed for Burps, yeah you may be able to play music on them for a lil while with real low power, but eventually you will add more power and the subz will goo poof.

prime example of doing things you shouldnt, GalacticMonkey on ROE, bought 4 18" BTL's and slapped some crazy amount of power on them for daily driver/ comp vehicle, and guess what happened, he smoked all 4 subz, just because "1" person figured out how to give those Subz mad power without killing them doesnt mean just anyone can.

for the time being did that thing flex and get LOUD....skipped a ipod..... :o

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

well to be honest when im daily driving i'm more Sound Quality, so I normally turn the volume up to 33 "Max" and have the Bass at -6.

I'm thinking however, to have the MTX as Compet, and just get 2 other 15's for daily bump would that be a good idea so than I don't risk damage to the MTX's.

what would you reccommend something that's affordable?

right now though I plan to use those subs for both.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Amen there! I agree with that comment!

smd2.gifduck.jpg

dd 9515 is a lovely sub kinda expensive but hey its awesome

if u want cheaper subs to just mess wit everyday with a good amount of bump then kicker cvx, mtx 9500, RF P2's

they all good stuff

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

well to be honest when im daily driving i'm more Sound Quality, so I normally turn the volume up to 33 "Max" and have the Bass at -6.

I'm thinking however, to have the MTX as Compet, and just get 2 other 15's for daily bump would that be a good idea so than I don't risk damage to the MTX's.

what would you reccommend something that's affordable?

right now though I plan to use those subs for both.

Id get another set for daily bump personally.....and why do you have to turn the bass down to -6 for "sq." I can turrn mine up and everything is balanced whatyou running for mids and highs?

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

dd 9515 is a lovely sub kinda expensive but hey its awesome

if u want cheaper subs to just mess wit everyday with a good amount of bump then kicker cvx, mtx 9500, RF P2's

they all good stuff

RF P2's haha them things suck, I think you mean T2's and there overpriced

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION