00hoe88 Posted January 21, 2011 Report Posted January 21, 2011 im thinking about getting an audiopipe AP15001D and an AP-1004 my question is would i need an extra battery or a HO alt or both to run these two amps together i have the big three done stock alt and a normal battery head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB subwoofer - nothing speakers - powerbass components amp - nothing
Ford302Redneck Posted January 21, 2011 Report Posted January 21, 2011 I would say you need two 300amp alternators, 6 group 31 batteries and 300ft of 1/0 to properly run those amps.
00hoe88 Posted January 21, 2011 Author Report Posted January 21, 2011 thanks for the sarcasm dick head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB subwoofer - nothing speakers - powerbass components amp - nothing
Twistedchild420 Posted January 21, 2011 Report Posted January 21, 2011 Throw a extra battery or two in the back and see how your voltage holds up.....if it's still not looking....maybe invest in a HO alt.....What's the amperage on your stock alt? My POS Bass machine-2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22'sBed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line DriverAll Audiotechnix Power wire1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rearAir Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspensionIf your still reading this GFY.......
00hoe88 Posted January 21, 2011 Author Report Posted January 21, 2011 im honestly not sure i think its a 120 or something around there head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB subwoofer - nothing speakers - powerbass components amp - nothing
Ford302Redneck Posted January 21, 2011 Report Posted January 21, 2011 Honestly I'd start with a HO alternator. I like producing current over having current storage. A 300 amp alternator should handle both those amps no problem. And keep voltage 13+, where adding batteries will keep it above 12.
00hoe88 Posted January 21, 2011 Author Report Posted January 21, 2011 Honestly I'd start with a HO alternator. I like producing current over having current storage. A 300 amp alternator should handle both those amps no problem. And keep voltage 13+, where adding batteries will keep it above 12. ok thanks for a straight answer lol looks like im gonna get be getting ahold of mechman head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB subwoofer - nothing speakers - powerbass components amp - nothing
Dan2427 Posted January 21, 2011 Report Posted January 21, 2011 I'd try it first see how it goes. I'm on stock alt with 2 batteries but my idling volts suck I gotta rev it to 2000 rpm otherwise I'm always right around 14 on an AQ3500. But I will be getting an alt and anohter AQ3500 when I get my taxes back! 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
00hoe88 Posted January 21, 2011 Author Report Posted January 21, 2011 yea im using my taxes to buy at least the ap1500 my sub amp went bad id like to get an amp for mids and highs too thats why i asked this head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB subwoofer - nothing speakers - powerbass components amp - nothing
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.