Sundown Audio

SA Series Revisions In The Works

You guys know I am always working to improve things! :drink40:

As good as the SA series is I sat down and though, "How can I make them better ?"

A few things came to mind on the 10/12/15 design :

1) I tested a different rear pole flare shape that is a little more efficient so I will be implementing that. As if the SA needed more thermal capacity, right ?

2) I am going to add a magnet ID shorting ring -- almost nothing in this price range has a shorting ring (the Type-R is one of the few I can think of). This will reduce inductive distortion and produce a bit less reactive impedance rise.

So these are some things I'll be working on introducing to the SA series around summer time. The shorting ring is the first revision that concerns me at all mixing with old models... most likely will not be a huge problem to mix, though. So the part number will not be changed to v.2

The shorting ring is actually quite expensive but I am using my newest cost savings from bringing in higher quantity to keep the cost the same for customers.

To date the SA series price has only changed about 6 dollars from the original pricing despite the constant improvements.

Should you wait for these if you are in the market now ? Most likely not -- while both are improvements they won't be night and day different.

-----

Now... for the SA-8 I have been testing some things for a little while now... I'm not quite done but I've come up with a few things.

I am still in the testing phase... but these changes include a different frame, newly custom tooled spider, and possibly an all new coil design.

For now I'll just post a picture of an early sample with the new frame as more testing is in order for these revisions. The new spider hasn't made it's way to me yet so data is limited

If all of this works out this WILL be a v.2 unit and not compatible with older units -- but no worries... I have several hundred of the current models on the way for anyone that needs a match to have their chance.

First_Sample.JPG

v.2 SA-8 First Sample... this one I was testing the new frame and coil -- the new spider is not done yet.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

The sa-12 is gonna end up being an underrated 1.5k Rms woofer with a 2.5" coil when you're done with it lol

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I want a couple of those V.2 8s for my next build. :good:

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified