air intake exhaust headers chip cam port and polish the heads you should get 100+ hp after all that. better off getting a bolt on supercharger or a sts turbo

I don't see what you said making 100+ hp to the wheels.

Port and polish, 10-15rwhp.

Coldair, 5wrhp

Headers, 10wrhp

Cam,5-10wrhp

Tune, 10wrhp

I see 50 at most.

Also, you would prolly need new injectors and fuel pump after you reach a certain power level.

I'm not a big chevy person, but I still know about motors and such.

hes got an intake and exhaust already ive driven his car and it has balls but my 99 tahoe pulled harder till i put 31" tires on it

Are you saying your +6000lb suv pulls harder than a 3000lb car?

A 93 vette should be in the 14s IIRC, a tahoe MIGHT be in the 16s. I still doubt that low of a time.

im not talking about taking down a track hell no the vette would wax a tahoe im talking about the first 3-4 secs of acceleration were more violent in my tahoe then it plateaued real fast the vette just keeps going

It just seems that way. The vette should be all around faster in every aspect.

i felt like i was driving a vehicle with more power when i was in my tahoe not really saying its "faster" cause its not but i wouldnt doubt that a 1999 vertech 350 produces more power than an old tired 93 lt1

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

i felt like i was driving a vehicle with more power when i was in my tahoe not really saying its "faster" cause its not but i wouldnt doubt that a 1999 vertech 350 produces more power than an old tired 93 lt1

Your probably right about more power.

But motors really doesn't lose much power over the years if took care of properly.

ok well please take it from someone that has actually done work on one of these motors also in a vette.... intake, headers, exhaust, cat delete (simulated o2 sensors and take out cats). also if you want to make it a street/ strip car, do your research and get a cam. but make sure you get a cam that is rated 1500-3500rpm or something with low rpms. its not top speed you want, you want to get to your top speed as fast as possible. get a low rpm cam. oh and dont forget to get a simple programmer chip and have A PERFORMANCE SHOP install it and tune the car. if you just throw it in, it wont do you much good. and IF its stick shift then get the trans fixed, not only beefed up but there is some sort of sensor they replace that allows you to down shift and rev the car out more. if its automatic, which it probably is, get a shift kit with stiffer springs and such and you will be golden, id say anywhere from 300-375 horse at the wheels.

on another note.... do not do any of this if your going to drive like an IDIOT!! 140 miles an hour is not cool, its dumb. whats cool is to get from 0-60 in 3 seconds. thats cool. please be careful, this car can easily turn into way to much for you if your not an experienced driver. in 21 and fast cars is my life, so i know how you feel, but you will lose your license so fast you will wish you never got the car. also, i didnt see where your from but in ilinois if you get cought doing double the posted speed limit you get a ticket for speeding, reckless driving, and over twice the limit is a mistiminer speeding ticket and you automatically lose your license for 6 months and have to take driving school. so dont be stupid. just have a little fun

ok well please take it from someone that has actually done work on one of these motors also in a vette.... intake, headers, exhaust, cat delete (simulated o2 sensors and take out cats). also if you want to make it a street/ strip car, do your research and get a cam. but make sure you get a cam that is rated 1500-3500rpm or something with low rpms. its not top speed you want, you want to get to your top speed as fast as possible. get a low rpm cam. oh and dont forget to get a simple programmer chip and have A PERFORMANCE SHOP install it and tune the car. if you just throw it in, it wont do you much good. and IF its stick shift then get the trans fixed, not only beefed up but there is some sort of sensor they replace that allows you to down shift and rev the car out more. if its automatic, which it probably is, get a shift kit with stiffer springs and such and you will be golden, id say anywhere from 300-375 horse at the wheels.

on another note.... do not do any of this if your going to drive like an IDIOT!! 140 miles an hour is not cool, its dumb. whats cool is to get from 0-60 in 3 seconds. thats cool. please be careful, this car can easily turn into way to much for you if your not an experienced driver. in 21 and fast cars is my life, so i know how you feel, but you will lose your license so fast you will wish you never got the car. also, i didnt see where your from but in ilinois if you get cought doing double the posted speed limit you get a ticket for speeding, reckless driving, and over twice the limit is a mistiminer speeding ticket and you automatically lose your license for 6 months and have to take driving school. so dont be stupid. just have a little fun

Lol.

You supposedly have experience, yet your telling him to do things you don't know exactly what's it called or what it exactly does? I'm referring to the transmission sugguestion.

OP, take some time and research a Vette forum, there are plenty out there.

They will actually lead you in the right direction and explain things and tell you exactly what a mod does and why to do it.

haha, i just dont know what the sensor is named, sorry, but like i already said, the sensor wont allow you do downshift if your at to high of an rpm, it will also make you skip gears. its for gas mileage. it makes you go from first, to second, to forth. to keep the rpms down.

oh and if you meant the other transmission thing, like i said before also, its called a shift kit. its basically a rebuild kit for your valve body that gives you new springs that are stiffer so it gives you a harder shift (shifts at a higher rpm because it has to build more main line pressure to shift)

one other thing you can upgrade is your coil and plug wires and spark plugs. msd sells a very nice kit for that motor. is kinda pricy but anything that does with more power is expensive.

if it would make you happier i could get into what cams, and sizes, and heads and port sizesm and valves and springs, and rocker arms to use, but i wont unless the op asks. i have build a 465 horse lt1 motor and help with a 425 horse lt1 corvette (1995 vette if i remember correct).

Archived