Sonic Electronix

I have a question if i was to put a plexiglass window in a sub box would that have much of an effect on the amount of cubic feet of the box because i think it would be cool to be able to the subs inside the box. Thanks in advance

KCowboy620

You mean if you replaced one wall of the box with plexi? No, it will have the same volume. But it WILL flex more, and you will lose loudness, unless you get real thick plexi, and mount it well. making sure you have a good seal around the edges. I've never done it because NO plexi is going to respond as well as MDF or wood to sound waves..

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

I have a question if i was to put a plexiglass window in a sub box would that have much of an effect on the amount of cubic feet of the box because i think it would be cool to be able to the subs inside the box. Thanks in advance

KCowboy620

You mean if you replaced one wall of the box with plexi? No, it will have the same volume. But it WILL flex more, and you will lose loudness, unless you get real thick plexi, and mount it well. making sure you have a good seal around the edges. I've never done it because NO plexi is going to respond as well as MDF or wood to sound waves..

ok i was just wondering because i thought it would look cool thanks for the advice

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

Archived