Might get used car. Got a question

im trying to have him avoid the law all together... not have a better shot at it WHEN he gets pulled over, why not just avoid it

Why couldn't you have edited the first post?

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

im gonna tow it. end of story. was just trying to make sure i couldnt drive. dont let this thread blow up i hate when that happens. shoot idk if imma even get it lol he says it runs great but we all know things arent always what they seem.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

yeah, bad call.

If he trusts you, maby he would let you use his plates to bring it home, and then drive the plates back in your burban.

However, In wisconsin, if you have the bill of sale and a title you're usually good. And if you had insurance on your previous car, or if your dad has insurance, usually insurance companys have a grace perioid of like a week where they cover your new car, if you are planning on insuring it. but only if you previously had insurance on a vehicle.

But, if you want it to seem less obvious, put dealer plates on it, not an "actual" dealer plate, but the "broadway ford" plastic plate or whatever the dealer, as then the cop wuld assume its a newly purchased car.

Its not a big deal if you do it calmly, but dont do anything retarded like putting a diffrent car's plates on it as that can get you in hella more trouble.

Just play it cool and bring your dad, having an old guy with you makes it alot easier if a cop starts asking questions.

Good luck man.

and we need some pics!

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

i would upload them if it wasnt a pain to upload from my phone lol, its pretty clean for a 91, no rust or anything. plus i dont wanna go thru all the work if i dont get it. expect a buildlog for sure though! i have to do tons of stuff to it, not major things but little things here and there, tlc basically. im in my 2nd year of college for automotive tech so this car is perfect for me lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

nice and clean auto south bend indiana... i dont have shit to prove anyone really but he only has 2 dealer plates and he's stingy with them and he knows i speed and shit and doesnt want me driving on them.. anything else?

You should probably work on proving you're not a complete idiot. Your track record is not very good for that one.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

and if i do get it, the build log wont be so much audio, just more of restoring and making it clean again :D it already has 4 gauge ran but its a mess.. i have to clean up alot.. ill go ahead and add my 0 gauge run, and drop in my bad ass kenwood 25th anniv. deck :D btw n8 it still works awsome!

1j1450.png

nice and clean auto south bend indiana... i dont have shit to prove anyone really but he only has 2 dealer plates and he's stingy with them and he knows i speed and shit and doesnt want me driving on them.. anything else?

You should probably work on proving you're not a complete idiot. Your track record is not very good for that one.

this x 10000000000

and to the OP glad you chose to tow it home, that's your best option and pretty much you're only legal option. But at the time of sale, you call your insurance and have it transferred and use a dealer 1 day plate if you really wanted to drive it home. Insurance will transfer over instantly and usually free.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

dont use another cars plates, i guesss its a bad idea <_<

Ha I got pulled over for that! Had plates from like 16 different cars and my excursion was 418 wog and my ranger was 419 wog so when I lost excursion plate on front I took ranger one off and put it on front :/ then I used my civic plates to bring this aurora home and got pulled over. They didn't like that too well. Had a gun in my face ha

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

my dad is a car dealer and i've had about 10 cars and im 19, i guarantee you if you have a bill of sale with a time and date on it and get pulled over and show him that you bought it literally an hour or so ago he wont ticket you, i've been pulled over maybe 4 times and ive never had insurance a day in my life and still have never gotten an insurance ticket, they ask if you have insurance and i say no and they say well i could write you a ticket but im not going to or (when i was driving my gf's car) i gave them an expired insurance tag and they say ok thanks... people over rate shit

EDIT: also yea driving a car with other plates on it could possibly be worse but the chances of actually getting pulled over reduce by like 90%, if a cop sees a car without a license plate you will get pulled over 100% if you have a license plate the only way he runs it is if your actin stupid, my tags still aren't right

I had dealer plates at one time! Now I'm not co owner so no more dealer plates :(

Oh and just because you've owned 10 vehicles and your only 19 means nothing, it doesn't mean you know more than anybody else..

Edited by David711

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

However, In wisconsin, if you have the bill of sale and a title you're usually good.

I think this has changed now with the mandatory insurance. You are supposed to call your insurance provider and inform them of the purchased car before you drive it home. That's what my brother had to do when he got his Jetta last summer. Bill of sale works for the plates but they WILL give you an insurance ticket if you don't call the company.

Too many projects, too little time...