OT: server rack build

yeah i deal with taht stuff eveyr day. i have no itch to do it at home though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i see these things in my sleep. lol what are you putting in it

No shit. I just spend the past 10 days in the last 3 weeks at Teramark in Miami (NAP of the Americas). I think I have to walk past a hundred or more racks just to get to one of our cages there.

Rack mount servers are just too loud to have in the house for me. Good luck with it though.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

yeah i deal with taht stuff eveyr day. i have no itch to do it at home though.

You would hate my house then ;) Since I've been more busy with work I haven't needed to screw with stuff around here as much so most of it is spun down. There are only 3 boxes on 24/7 here anymore, but when I was out of work it was 5 2 of which are VMWare boxes hosting a few LAMP setups and my domain. I still have 7 boxes here plus the laptops (mine/wife and 2 retired P4's). :ph34r:

It's a bad habbit I picked up in the early 90's from BBS's and then hosting shells, bouncers, eggs, ftps, etc... :mad:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

shrug, computers are my love, i can never get board, if it gets boring i just learn something new. there is so much info in IT you could never get board as long as you don't just do it for the paycheck.

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

box by DL Designz 2.8^3ft @ 32hz

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

front stage - polk momo's

1/0 pos and neg runs to the back.

a crap ton of sound deading from secondskin.

143DB sealed on the windshield.

build log

shrug, computers are my love, i can never get board, if it gets boring i just learn something new. there is so much info in IT you could never get board as long as you don't just do it for the paycheck.

Trust me man, after you've been doing it for 16 years it gets boring. I sometimes think that if I took a crap computer job (PC tech or something) I might have more fun, but I doubt it. I've been running servers and networks all these years man and used to be into all sorts of crap, but like all good things they come to an end.

I used to talk just like you do. I would literally spend all of my free time runnings shells, trading, running bots, all sorts of crap, and it just got old. My nickname used to be summertime. They called me that because I would never come out when it was cold, I was held up at my place screwing around on the computer.

Sure it got me a good job(s) and a ton of knowledge, but in the end in order to be successful in this business (I'm talking systems because obviously that is what you like) you have to take on responsibilities and often times those responsibilities are enormous (often times you are the only reason the company functions at all). All you do is wait for the bottom to fall out, it sucks, and I for one don't get excited to learn new things anymore because those new things are dangerous. When you have a "new thing" to learn to fix a production server that is down, trust me, it is far from fun.

Sorry I guess I'm just bitter...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

hey man don't try and bring me down, i have been enjoying computers ever senths i was old enough to use a mouse, maybe i get bored of a job doing one thing i can all ways do something else, jack of all trades master of none.

however you have no right or reason to tell me what or how i should feel about something i love. just because you may hate your job doesn't mean i will.

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

he's not trying to bring you down at all. He's trying to explain that eventually you are gonna hit a wall. You're going to just look at it like fuck it. This isnt what it used to be. It usually comes about the time that you end up taking on an enormous amount of responsibility doing it for a paycheck. Once its how you earn your living its not as much fun as doing it to see what you can do. The first time something doesnt work like it should (and you know it should work and don't know why it didnt) and you get your ass handed to you because you cost someone money you'll understand. Or someone else fucks up and you take the heat for it because you should have stopped them(even though you had no idea they were about to try the dumbest thing ever) Once you get a paycheck for it, its more political I guess you could say. not about whta you know and what you can do. If you're good you'll feel underappreciated and that wears on you. Did you follow that wonderful rambling?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

he's not trying to bring you down at all. He's trying to explain that eventually you are gonna hit a wall. You're going to just look at it like fuck it. This isnt what it used to be. It usually comes about the time that you end up taking on an enormous amount of responsibility doing it for a paycheck. Once its how you earn your living its not as much fun as doing it to see what you can do. The first time something doesnt work like it should (and you know it should work and don't know why it didnt) and you get your ass handed to you because you cost someone money you'll understand. Or someone else fucks up and you take the heat for it because you should have stopped them(even though you had no idea they were about to try the dumbest thing ever) Once you get a paycheck for it, its more political I guess you could say. not about whta you know and what you can do. If you're good you'll feel underappreciated and that wears on you. Did you follow that wonderful rambling?

yeah, also already been there and done that, thats why i have my pack of smokes. its more the people i hate and chose not to work in those environment's or get in good with the boss so that when shit hits the fan i can explain what happened good or bad and all is good. sure its never fun when shit dies but as long as all the right fail overs are there its not a huge deal.

its the drama in any job that can make the job suck, thats why we have defcon and black hat and smhoocon and countless other cons where out company usaly pays for us to go get hammered have a good time maybe learn something and not be the bitter ass hole in the dark office that just tells end users there fucktards (or insult of choice.) to there face.

i also never plain to be stuck in a management job, i don't ever want to have that kind of of pressure on my self, as long is i get to do what i love at the end of the day i am happy, if that means i haft to pack up and go work for a company with employees that don't suck at there jobs so be it. even if that takes 10 years, i will find my place.

every one just wants to go up the ladder to the top, well i don't. at least not at this point in my life, if that changes i will make the changes i need to do whatever it is that needs to be done. if shit gets boring i will just start another biz and have fun with it. my goal in life is to just be happy, have fun, make my girl happy, have healthy kid(s)and not still be working when i am 65.

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

so let me ask where do you work?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

i work part time for a small company and for my self wile i am finishing up school.

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

Archived