clifford matrix 1.2 remote start ayatem install question.

my friend just bought the above remote start and the instructions are shit. they dont tell you anything basically and then has a website it says to go to for full install instructions and you have to sign up for the site and its 350 bucks. so f that. just wondering if anyone coud help me out with what all wires i will have to use. the system has start and door locks (thats all he wants to use) when he bought it they told him he will only use like 5 of the wires and there is about 40 wires.

so my question is, wich wires do i need to use, and what do they go to. i have wiring diagrams for the car also. its a 2001 grand am. oh he bought the xpress passlock adapter also (which came with NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!! so i dont know what any of the wires are for at all.) this is all brand new stuff from the store. not ebay special. thanks

first off do you have a multimeter (digital) and a solidering iron, you will need those to do the install, and good 3m electrical tape, the cold weather stuff, and soilder. Those are the basic tools. Also what version of the bypass did you get, the xpress kit thing, is it a xk01? or xk06? get this info, and I will help ya out :P

also being that the clifford is the same as viper, brand wise, I can tell you all the wires and what they do from memory :P but first get the info from above

Heavy Gauge wire

Starter - Purple

Ignition - Pink

ignition 2 or accessory 2 - pink/white

accessory - orange

pink/black - ignition 2 flex isolation wire (never needed really)

I will tell you more later, but those are the main wires

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

yea i have all of that, the solder iron, a solder, dmm, the good tape, and shrink wrap.(i use that more then tape). and he just left my house but ill text him and try to get the number of the xpress kit. it was specifically for his car, i know that. but ill try to find that out. thank you for responding. also i dont remember if i said before, i have access to all the car wiring diagrams for the car. i will print them all out tomorrow (i ran out of ink tonight while printing the first one lol) any thing else you need to know at this point?

he got a gmdlbp for the passlock thing

what would be ignition 2 or accessory 2 be? or really the question is, what on the car would i tie that into? just any other wire that has power with only the key on?

well the whole entire reason he bought it was for us to install it so we can confidently do it on customer cars. neither of us have done it and we ran a little shop out of my garage going audio installs. aka JaM customs. we have had quiet a few requests for remote starts so we have to start somewhere... its just the instructions didnt tell us anything about installation really. we will do it with help or not, i just figured someone on here has to know how to do it and can explain it to me...

bump... if anyone else can give some input.... thanks

bump... if anyone else can give some input.... thanks

wanna post your wiring diagrams, I could get them but I am too lazy, as far as the wiring on the module it usually goes like this, this information is not guaranteed by any means

Heavy Gauge

Purple - Starter

Green - Starter kill

Pink - ignition 1

pink/white - ignition 2 or accessory 2

pink/black - isolation wire (usually never used)

orange - Accessory

then the next size down gauge wire

red/white trunk open -

black - ground

........... well, hmm, I better find a manual, this would take all day to write >_<

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

ok, this is not the 1.2 version, but its a manual for the 1.1 version. With DEI Products the wiring has the same colors for all there models, so this should help a ton, and should be the same almost 100%

Matrix 1.1 Manual Download

Hope this Helps

also, when I go to do a install on a remote start or security, always prep it before you go in the car, it will save you hours. I get wires that go in the same area together, and get rid of wires that arn't needed, just cut the wire about 3 inches from the harness, that way you can still use them if you need to in the future or you screw up. It will save you gobs of time. Then once you get in the vehicle, the first thing to do is (by instinct you want to start wiring it in, but !!!!) Find a place to mount it, and mount it in, or get it close so it doesnt move. Then go and test the wires you need, just do all of them, and pull them a bit so they stick out once you find them, then guide all the wires to there positions, and boom, cut to length, and tap in. If you do it in this order it will save you time, make it much neater, and will be a nicer install overall. Many people just start tapping in wires, then mount it last, and then you have like 3 extra fee on every wire to deal with, and it looks messy as hell, good luck

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

Archived