DC Sound Lab

DC Amp Internals

zenon is a buildhouse. They are arguably the best out there .but as you can see there ar eplenty of buildhouses doing quality work now a days

Eso, Puil, Soundmagus....those are the top 3 amp buildhouses, as far as quality control and technology go for entry to mid level amps...to step up you have to go to Britain and the US

Edited by Superjay

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Seems Sundown=DC, so whichever you can find cheaper.

I'm sure DD won't be the cheapest lol. Unless you get lucky.

i know but its DD

Just DD's name on a amp.

not the amp the sub.... 2 DC 5ks on 2 9515s :peepwall:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

zenon is a buildhouse. They are arguably the best out there .but as you can see there ar eplenty of buildhouses doing quality work now a days

Eso, Puil, Soundmagus....those are the top 3 amp buildhouses, as far as quality control and technology go for entry to mid level amps...to step up you have to go to Britain and the US

Few weeks ago I was doing some research on buildhouse. I couldn't find out to much information. But then again I didn't know where to look.

What if I have two alternators and two batteries up front? Do I need a battery in the rear just cause my amp only has one set of input terminals?

You don't need a bank of batteries for 1 3.5k amp. In most cases a good H/O and a decent battery upfront will handle 4k plus...

So what's your point? You calling people stupid who actually have multiple alternators instead of batteries?

Lol, I didn't call anybody stupid, damn man. I'm just saying, for 3.5kw, I would be doing a little more to my electrical than just one good battery up front and one H/O alt, my Mechman and my Kinetik under the hood was all I did for 2kw, I'm putting a few more batts in the back for only 4kw, and I'm sure I'll still see more voltage drop than I'd like. I was just saying, in most cases for that kind of power, they probably already have an axillary battery in the rear so that the run of wire would be short enough it wouldn't matter. There are exceptions to every case, like two batteries up front, but I was just speaking in generalities. I'd have like to see it have a second set of inputs too, but I can see why they deemed it unnecessary. Which could be part of the way they were able to keep costs down as much as they could and still deliver a great quality amp.

Not trying to call people stupid, just saying my opinion. I'd rather have 1 H/O alt with auxillary batteries in the back by the amps than one good battery up front with multiple H/O alts.

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon

Could just be a mental thing, but the dual inputs make me feel better trying to supply an amplifier with enough current to produce 4k. I'm not arguing with you, but why do people spend money to get adapters made to feed single input amps such as Crescendo's more than one run of cable?

I've been in the market for the newer style AQ3500d for a bit until I heard of DC's new line of amplifiers coming out, and they use dual inputs for their 4,300 @ 14.4V. Does that just make the second set of inputs a waste of spare cash for no real performance gain?

I'm not doubting the amplifier's ability to do rated, just so you are aware. Just curious.

Maybe the DC amp doesn't make enough power to call for them...

I'm sure their was reasoning behind it.

I'm not sure it, as they are not my amps. I don't know the cost/performance difference.

But I hope it was tested.

they most likely make the power with no problem. i ran my AQs 3500D.1s on 1 set of terminals for MECA to lower my class and i lost absolutely no performance out of them. i don't see them not being able to make the power

Was the wire a short run to a bank of batteries? Or from the front battery?

yea...but how many people actually DO have battery banks in the back vs not. your an exception but 9 out of 10 people will have the extra battery in the back

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

What if I have two alternators and two batteries up front? Do I need a battery in the rear just cause my amp only has one set of input terminals?

You don't need a bank of batteries for 1 3.5k amp. In most cases a good H/O and a decent battery upfront will handle 4k plus...

So what's your point? You calling people stupid who actually have multiple alternators instead of batteries?

Lol, I didn't call anybody stupid, damn man. I'm just saying, for 3.5kw, I would be doing a little more to my electrical than just one good battery up front and one H/O alt, my Mechman and my Kinetik under the hood was all I did for 2kw, I'm putting a few more batts in the back for only 4kw, and I'm sure I'll still see more voltage drop than I'd like. I was just saying, in most cases for that kind of power, they probably already have an axillary battery in the rear so that the run of wire would be short enough it wouldn't matter. There are exceptions to every case, like two batteries up front, but I was just speaking in generalities. I'd have like to see it have a second set of inputs too, but I can see why they deemed it unnecessary. Which could be part of the way they were able to keep costs down as much as they could and still deliver a great quality amp.

Not trying to call people stupid, just saying my opinion. I'd rather have 1 H/O alt with auxillary batteries in the back by the amps than one good battery up front with multiple H/O alts.

Why would u rather one back battery than multiple alts?

To step up to what? If I were looking for a couple nice sub amps, and highs amps, where would I look? I remember back in the day it used to be easy to judge amps, and you knew what was good and what was shit... Its a little different now days... I know JL has brought back a lot of their Higher end to being made in the USA again... Too bad others don't follow...

Only good thing about Made in the USA is usually quality control. Not that we make better stuff, we just make sure all is made up to par in most cases.

Edited by Ford302Redneck

Why would u rather one back battery than multiple alts?

Current when I need it. I use my car for music, and I need the instant draw from a battery and then a good H/O alt to charge that battery back up. Multiple alts would be nice, but for my power level, batteries are a better investment, I can get an instant pull from them that is charged by a good alt, rather than maxing out one batter for the split second and then having multiple alts charge it back up so I can max it out two seconds later on another long bass note.

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon