doug118 Posted January 27, 2011 Report Posted January 27, 2011 Do they exist? I ordered my sister some 4" full range speakers to replace her stock door speakers not knowing they were 6"x9" 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
BlitZ Posted January 27, 2011 Report Posted January 27, 2011 http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/index.php old set up Alpine IDA-X305S Memphis M-Class 4x6" Focal Access 6.5" Hifonics BRZ2100.1D 2x DC Audio Lvl 4 15's Big 3, DR44 Alt, Yellow Top http://www.youtube.com/user/SicNoma003
cvxsmitty58 Posted January 27, 2011 Report Posted January 27, 2011 if you have the time and a jig saw, they're really easy to make
doug118 Posted January 27, 2011 Author Report Posted January 27, 2011 I figured I'd have to make them but figured it would be cheaper to just buy them. 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
bassl0va Posted January 27, 2011 Report Posted January 27, 2011 If you have the tools, it should be cheaper to make. It is generally always cheaper to make something, depending on what it is of course. I'd sell the 4"s and buy some 6x9"s, 4"s are horrible. EDIT: well, 6x9"s are pretty bad too, get some 6.5"s and mod the holes or try and find some 6"s My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
doug118 Posted January 27, 2011 Author Report Posted January 27, 2011 horrible huh? find me a better 6.5" for $14 each and I'll return these and get them Video for reference to what I bought http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-212 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
bassl0va Posted January 27, 2011 Report Posted January 27, 2011 horrible huh? find me a better 6.5" for $14 each and I'll return these and get them Video for reference to what I bought http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-212 By themselves they aren't too great. If you had them as part of a 3 way set they would be better. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
doug118 Posted January 27, 2011 Author Report Posted January 27, 2011 trust me she doesn't think her 12 year old stock 6x9's sound "that bad". I'm not trying to give her amazing sound quality. Just something better then what she has in there now and at less then $40 shipped, I highly doubt I'll find anything better then those 2001 Tahoe. Huge front stage and 55+ substage http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196418-another-tahoe-build-huge-front-stage-and-155-substage/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.