The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

for what i been reading about long range shooting. i found that shooters like reloads better than factory ammo.. by reloads i mean theirs and not someone else. they try new ammo to see how it does but mostly look for loads the rifle likes. after that they keep reloading till they are happy with the results.. they say reload to what the rifle likes and you get better grouping

At distances under 300 yards i would say that you wouldn't see the difference between hand loads and factory MATCH ammo.

so the only point to reload under these distances are: you like reloading, it's cheaper than factory ammo, you are loading a combination that isn't commercially available.

Beyond 300 yards to pull every bit of accuracy out of your rig it's almost mandatory. And when I say reload I mean using the best components and equipment and procedure. Skimp on any of those three and you might as well have shot factory ammo

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

You gotta specify. To some people 100 yards with a bolt gun is long range, and they try to suck their own dick if they hit an 18" plate at 300 yards.

people throw the term long range out like it's going outta style. It's almost like saying, ya I'm loud in the car audio world. Either put a dB or distance with it otherwise loud or long range is to open to interpretation

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

All you need is a 9mm revolver for a 1000 yd shot,

You guys are way over thinking it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You gotta specify. To some people 100 yards with a bolt gun is long range, and they try to suck their own dick if they hit an 18" plate at 300 yards.

people throw the term long range out like it's going outta style. It's almost like saying, ya I'm loud in the car audio world. Either put a dB or distance with it otherwise loud or long range is to open to interpretation

lol i get what youre saying but at 100 yards i can hit targets with iron sights.. i want to get into the 500 yards and move on up.

i need to learn how copes work.. what i do is just keep adjusting it till i hit steel lol

Hope you like math....

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived