The only shocks I have experience with for offroading are the Rusty's ones which worked fantastic.

That f250 looks sick. was the 10" lift an off the shelf kit or was it pieced together?

I have a procomp 4 inch with a 1 inch body lift. The lift does what I need it to do. I'm not a hard core offroad guy though so I don't go wheeling very often. My lift is a very stiff ride and I can't say it's my favorite daily driver but it is definetly the most universal. IMG_0367.JPG

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)
2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub

1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1

XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear

Mechman Elite 370

Stinger power connections and cable

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

mine was actually a pro comp lift and it was great. never had any problems at all. it rode better after the lift.. but at the time rough country did not have a 2.5 in kit for my jeep so i had to go with pro comp. but rough country gives you everything you need also.

some one asked before what kind of steering and drivetrain issues you can have. the steering... when you lift a truck all the steering component become to short and are put on a greater angle which puts more strain on all of it and especially your wheel hub bearings. it also puts your axles further away from the transfer case which pulls the drive shafts longer then they are designed to properly work at, making you have to get 2 custom made drive shafts. also when your rear axle and transfer case are on such different angels the rear axle WILL vibrate, making you have to get it shimmed. and the drive shaft is on such an angle, because of the such short wheel base, it will wear out very quickly unless you get a slip yoke eliminator kit (which my jeep had on it) so that works properly. and you have to keep into consideration all your brake lines and such so they do not get pulled tight or stretched. and if the kit you buy comes with a transfer case drop, if you get a 2.5 or 3 inch lift i do not suggest using it, it put the engine at a different angle and the fan will hit the shroud or the upper radiator hose. and at that height you really dont need it.

now by no means will this happen to every truck or in every situation but if you want your lift done right and to last you a very long time you must consider them, that is all i was trying to tell the OP. im not arguing with anyone about anything. just trying to help out. if you think im wrong then fine and i will stop posting here. hope any of this info helps you out.

me and a close friend built the only ZJ in the world with 33's and only a 2" lift. That was 6 years ago and no one still hasn't done it since.

:orly3:

Sorry to bust your bubble man but me and my buddy lifted his with a 2 inch lift, and its currently sitting on 15x8 soft 8s and 33s...

Not to bash you but just sayin we did it too.

Question tho did you all trim the stock bumper or have one built?

Edited by jeyrapboy

Not bursting my bubble at all. I'm glad someone finally grew some balls and did it. Any pictures? The front bumper was trimmed until it got ripped off during a near death experience

Not bursting my bubble at all. I'm glad someone finally grew some balls and did it. Any pictures? The front bumper was trimmed until it got ripped off during a near death experience

:good:

Ill see if i can dig some up, if not he is supposed to be coming up today for the weekend and ill try to snag some.