I've read that with turbos, mileage can sometimes drastically improve. I mean with the engine you put it on. Anybody know anything about this? I've read that's one reason newer fuel efficient cars and SUVs have small 1.0 and 2.0 liter engines with turbos.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

when you arent in boost turbos atomize the air which creates a more dense charge of air entering the engine allowing fuel to burn more efficiently so yes you will see better mileage but that is only if you can resist keeping your foot out of it

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

when you arent in boost turbos atomize the air which creates a more dense charge of air entering the engine allowing fuel to burn more efficiently so yes you will see better mileage but that is only if you can resist keeping your foot out of it

Isn't air "atomized" naturally? Turbos will not help with gas mileage in that sense. For daily driving you will use more gas doing thing like getting on the freeway and hill climb. With a turbo the engine runs more efficiently and can produce more power with less effort in those situations, thus using less gas. As cruising/freeway is concerned, it will not make any difference + or -.

Isn't air "atomized" naturally? Turbos will not help with gas mileage in that sense. For daily driving you will use more gas doing thing like getting on the freeway and hill climb. With a turbo the engine runs more efficiently and can produce more power with less effort in those situations, thus using less gas. As cruising/freeway is concerned, it will not make any difference + or -.

i read a big long write-up on turbos and gas mileage and the article said that even at highway cruizing the will see better gas mileage due to the fact that the air still has to be run through the turbine its the same effect as putting one of those tornado things in your intake i mean there isnt like a 5mpg difference but maybe 1-2

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged