Thanks guys. Those DC's are nice subs. And this will be my first real fiberglass work too, other than playing around w/ it. Seems like the key is sanding.

And spitfire2k6- I like your setup. I sometimes wish I would have went w/ L7's.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

damn homie I'm proud of you that shit looks damn good man! :popcorn:

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

Sorry I missed your questions over in my log, and I can't figure out how to post from my iphone.

You asked:

"I have several questions for you, but the first two are:

-Are you still running the factory alternator?

-Where did you get the voltage module?"

Yes, I'm still on my factory alternator, but my PT is stored on a smart charger 24/7 now that it is not my daily driver.

The voltage module is from MLA missinglink audio. PT's are factory regulated ~13.6v. The module will technically raise that to 14.6, but in cooler temps you will see ~15v.

Your build looks like it is coming along great!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Sorry I missed your questions over in my log, and I can't figure out how to post from my iphone.

You asked:

"I have several questions for you, but the first two are:

-Are you still running the factory alternator?

-Where did you get the voltage module?"

Yes, I'm still on my factory alternator, but my PT is stored on a smart charger 24/7 now that it is not my daily driver.

The voltage module is from MLA missinglink audio. PT's are factory regulated ~13.6v. The module will technically raise that to 14.6, but in cooler temps you will see ~15v.

Your build looks like it is coming along great!

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! Yeah, I noticed that once it gets going for a few, it only charges at 13.6 volts. And with everything else I got going on, we just can't have that! It's 14.4 volts or die! So yeah, I'll be calling them up as soon as they open for the day.

@ChillMasterWill- Thanks man, I was hoping you'd like it! Now if I can get this box built, it should REALLY be slammin!

Oh yeah, and I have a funny story already. Yesterday, my neighbor came over and asked to check out my system. So, I said sure, and grabbed my keys. But when we set in my car, and I turned on some Jeezy, it didn't take him 5 seconds to grab my door handle and start to jump out! He said "GD man, there is no way that is only one 12!" So I showed him. He says it takes your breath away, but I can still breath just fine at full blast! Haha! I love it!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

love it man soo clean i think it'll look 10x better once you get your box built then time to do some demos! im first in line haha

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

love it man soo clean i think it'll look 10x better once you get your box built then time to do some demos! im first in line haha

Thanks man! I'm omw down to the lumber yard now to pick up 2 sheets of 3/4" MDF, and 1 sheet of 3/8" MDF, or something close, for trim work. Still haven't decided on the box/ port yet.

I was thinking about MAYBE trying an external port to come up behind the amps??

Any and all ideas and opinions are welcome and appreciated!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Okay guys, so I got the wood yesterday, and since then I have been playing with different designs for this box. But actually I am VERY limited w/ what I can do, since this is mostly a square area w/ one sloped side. So the basic shape is going to be your basic, rear-fire enclosure. For the port, I'm just gonna keep it simple, since THIS part of the build is completely new to me. I'd love to go extreme, and have the port come out between the amps and the back seats, but honestly I have NO CLUE how to calculate for that. I know their are several people on this sight who are really good at this, and I would be willing to pay for the rt person to come up w/ the rt design. Of course any and all free help is GREATLY appreciated, but definitely NOT expected. Otherwise, I guess Ill just build a simple rectangle port up front.

Also, I wish like hell I could figure out how to use Enclosure Shop. I'm no computer idiot, but no genius either. But that program has it all, and I'm to ignorant to use it!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Okay, so here is what I have in mind so far. I'm sure some will laugh at my ghetto artwork, and for that I don't blame them!!! But it's the thought that counts, rt? Anyway, I have all the initial numbers I need, but I am not sure if this design will even work, being that the port would be slanted, and coming out the top. But I think the idea is pretty cool, I'd use square rings on the front baffles, then pull some cloth over it and glass it up- to give it that protruding look. The subs would still then be recessed, as the baffles w/ be over 2" thick! Idk, maybe it's a stupid idea, but I'd love to find out if it COULD work, and work well. So, what do you guys think?

181530_185664818136185_100000780034606_358388_7106602_n.jpg

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

There is Torres' box calculator on this site. Decide how much airspace you need for the subs and the tune you want. Also, PSP aeroports are great if you have room for them in the box.

Ahh I didn't see your post b4 I put my dumb-ass drawing up! Torres box cal, hmm sounds great! Have to check that out. Also, I would LOVE to use areoports, if thats possible. Thanks again for the info!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Archived