i found a 160 amp alt for $230 -$250 cant remember but will that be enough not to much of an upgrade but dont nko how long im gonna have it,i might just hit up dom and see what he says

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Guest MegaloManiac
yep this batteries need slow chargers too i dont think theyre good with fast chargers

quick question is it ok to have a blue top under the hood since its a marine battery??, cause thats what my car has

you realise the bluetop would be the same as an Kinetik...

those types of batteries are pure deepcycle. they arent dual purpose like the yellow tops. the yellowtop will be more forgivng during engine cranks. On the bluetop the plaes inside are much much thicker causing them to send/recieve current slightly slower than a redtop let say. I suggest if all you are looking to do is replace the battery then invest the yellow top. blue top should be a battery only for reserve power in the trunk. Im not saying you cant use the bluetop up front, but i wouldnt do it, that just me.

i got a 130 stock alternator in my 04 expedition and am pushing 3500rms on one yellowtop optima. i think you'll be fine

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module