Second Skin Audio

What does Orion HCCA 15.4 compare to?

REaudioBuff

yeah if you throw that orion in a smaller car that would be brutal, my 12" was awesome in my little sedan. if youre into trying new things, i say go for it. the HCCA doesnt disappoint

Well thank you sir... Do you recommend any size of box and tunage? I am thinking something like 30-32hz tuning but i dont have too much room to play with being that im putting my seats back in. Im gonna design a box and put it up here cause i dont know the best way to port the damn thing...

depends on what you listen to honestly..if it were me i'd tune it to like 25-28 and play slowed down music all day, but thats just me. those things can play hella low lol

Well thats kinda what i wanna shoot for... Not really just slowed music but lots of Tech n9ne and Jeezy... I love the lows. Lowest tuned box i've ever owned was 34hz and I didn't think it hit low enough for me.. If i tune it to 28ish would it still hit up in the 38s? I mean whats the range or is that totally dependant on the the enclosure?

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

yeah if you throw that orion in a smaller car that would be brutal, my 12" was awesome in my little sedan. if youre into trying new things, i say go for it. the HCCA doesnt disappoint

Well thank you sir... Do you recommend any size of box and tunage? I am thinking something like 30-32hz tuning but i dont have too much room to play with being that im putting my seats back in. Im gonna design a box and put it up here cause i dont know the best way to port the damn thing...

depends on what you listen to honestly..if it were me i'd tune it to like 25-28 and play slowed down music all day, but thats just me. those things can play hella low lol

Well thats kinda what i wanna shoot for... Not really just slowed music but lots of Tech n9ne and Jeezy... I love the lows. Lowest tuned box i've ever owned was 34hz and I didn't think it hit low enough for me.. If i tune it to 28ish would it still hit up in the 38s? I mean whats the range or is that totally dependant on the the enclosure?

my box is tuned to 30 and i can play up to like 50 somethin loud...but it depends on the sub and cabin aswell. 30 doesnt play low enough for me. try using birch, we just used it on my friends box tuned to 33 and it slams the lows better than mine on half the power lol. :D

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

How would the HCCA compare to lets say your dc? you think it could hang? Also I might give birch a try but the damn box I'm gonna have to build is gonna suck.. I wanna try to make it form fit to the back end of my tc... But it would make the sub point at me... So i might do a rectangular box as big as i can fit and fire it back port back as well.. IDK. But for now ill just be using a jl 1000/1 amp... Got a crazy deal on 2.. 350 for 1 working and 1 blown lol. Couldn't pass.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

It compares to my hcca 15s that I have ;) I really like them! Working on buying recones to do 2 ohms. I was dumb when I first got them and did 4 ohm subs. Just don't know where to get recones so if you find a good place let me know please

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

Expensive but ebay lol... If i get a hookup at some point ill let you know though... And yea 15.4 is what it is but i can always get a recone later so its cool for me.. lol how do they play you got a vid? what kinda power and size of box do you have?

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

all you can do is test all of the different port/sub direction variations..unless you pay someone such as pwk designs to design the enclosure specifically for your vehicle. :P and yeah its not really comparable to my dc because thats a higher level sub,

00' Nissan Xterra

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Orions are just straight beast, if i had the money i would buy them, tune low, and watch that 4in of excursion go crazy.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Well so far I've got some good feedback here lol. Happy with this so far looks like I'll do the deal tomorrow night for sure. I mean its a brand new sub and so are mine but for some reason I just don't think im going to keep these I like em but they aren't up to what i want... I need that deep shit lol. Dubstep is some of my new fav :D I've watched a ton of vids on youtube over the past years on orions I know they are good.. I also respect this forum and thats why i ask and want to learn like i am.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

Well so far I've got some good feedback here lol. Happy with this so far looks like I'll do the deal tomorrow night for sure. I mean its a brand new sub and so are mine but for some reason I just don't think im going to keep these I like em but they aren't up to what i want... I need that deep shit lol. Dubstep is some of my new fav :D I've watched a ton of vids on youtube over the past years on orions I know they are good.. I also respect this forum and thats why i ask and want to learn like i am.

keep in mind ive never personally heard one, but its a higher level sub than the one you're trading, plus the specs just look straight intimidating for the deal you're getting. DO IT

00' Nissan Xterra

Archived