I have a Ofna Hyper One Seven 7th scale street car with a 2 speed and reverse. It sat for a while, i replaced the engine and now when it shifts into first gear it acts like neutral, engine revs but wont move. Any thoughts?

I took the transmission and gear box apart and everything looks good, the one way bearing in the larger gear seems to lock on properly. Other then that i cant find the issue.

Here is a vid of what it does. sorry crappy video, it got dark fast and i didnt plan ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5aVEwHXvc

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

i have a savage 26 and it used to do that... check to make sure the bell housing and clutch are put together right...i didnt have the screw on tight enough and it would pop out but when i would check it it moved back in place...i just held it in the air and full throlled it to actually see it happen

does that tranny have the adjustable set screw to adjust when it goes into second gear? almost seems like a set screw is loose or not adjusted right like i mentioned

If so i dont know where or what it looks like

i have a savage 26 and it used to do that... check to make sure the bell housing and clutch are put together right...i didnt have the screw on tight enough and it would pop out but when i would check it it moved back in place...i just held it in the air and full throlled it to actually see it happen

Are you talking about the screw that holds the bell housing on? When i first put it together it was too tight and would move, then a shop put a spacer in and told me it was good. They said the bell housing has to have a little play in it.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

double check the slipper clutch.. if equipped..

first gear might be toast internally.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

double check the slipper clutch.. if equipped..

first gear might be toast internally.

Sadly im new into this stuff. I dont know what a slipper clutch is or if it has one.

1st gear, i have taken the whole transmission apart and nothing looks damaged or worn. Also no signs of anything slipping.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

He just means the clutch. If it's not set right or the tension is incorrect, the car will rev an not move. You can get a clutch pad kit for really cheap if it's smoked. Also it may sound dumb but is the braking system set correctly? I had my remote and servos set wrong and the brake was constantly on.

It couldn't be the clutch since it moves in first gear. I assume it is an automatic shift? Either way, it definitely sounds like something within the 2 speed part to me. Look up how to adjust it to see if there is any way 2nd just isn't engaging. For my revo it was just a single screw that did the shift point and if it is the same way I doubt it is a setting issue. So to be honest I doubt that is the problem. A forum that knows more specifically how it works would be of more use. Most likely if it came to it you could atleast lock it in first so you could drive it.

no i meant slipper clutch.. not the clutch on the motor.. the slipper clutch is there to prevent drivetrain damage from shock forces.. if its too loose it wont go anywhere..

btw.. google is your best freind.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

I have tried googling this. I looked up the info on the slipper clutch. and i havent seen anything like that on my car... I might not be looking very well. I would think if it was that i would not move at all. But I still move in first, and it can move pretty well. I know its not the breaks, it moves easily in first. I dont know if i would want to lock it into first... seems like that might break something real easy Thanks for the help guys.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s