Wednesday I finally woke myself up early enough to open a checking & savings account with a credit union before going to work (2nd shift). Everybody needs one of them for those online deals :) So at the moment Im waiting for my check card to come.

Thursday was payday also. Getting phat checks weekly is a bonus too :lol:

Posted Image

So now for some "progress"....

Posted Image

I finally was able to meet up with my buddy and jack his box. Its from his DD9915 he had reconed last year for his benz ( he also has two dd3515s in his cavi). DD made a big stink with him for not keeping his box and charged him extra for not shipping his sub to them in a dd box, and they also said it take longer without the dd box. Dont see the big deal, but whatever, I got a dd box... :)

Here is a pic of my 12 in the box.

Posted Image

I know its not much at the moment, but to me it is progress because I finally got the needed box and checking account needed which was holding me back, and with me and my buddy both working severly messed up hours its hard for us to hang much.

Im also wanting a new headunit. Something with a 7" screen, 4+volt preouts, and nav without spended too much cash. So all Im left with is Eclipse, so I think this will fit nice in my caddy dash. http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9027_--+SP...se+AVN5510.html But this may be a few weeks yet. I need a nice irragi alt first.

So for the most part, Ill be just adding pics of the gear I get when I get it, and once I get enough equipment Ill start building :lol:

Well at least roscoe shows me some love :)

Thought Id be getting a tad more, but maybe theres some hater, non believers or people that could careless about the 2nd most baddass dd sub.

Anyways a update!

Woke up a bit early today to stop at my friends shop, walked in the back room and came out with 2 boxes, and told him to order me 2 more :)

I also found that he finally got me my peripheral prc1 that I kept telling him to order for me, so I had to buy that right away too :) I also talked to Josh about having my sub shipped to his shop once its reconed that way I know it will be in good hands and not just sitting at my front door all day/night when Im at work.

Spending money feels so good when you spend it on yourself and not some gold digging chick that is with you for your ride and cash :lol::blink:

Oh and my check card finally came today too!!!! That was the major thing I was waiting for. Got home from work checked the mail seen some bills, more bills, junk mail, and a statement from my bank. So I got a bit of money to go and deposit now :)

At the moment Im still waiting for DD to autherize my rma and give me a return number so I can ship out my sub. :( Kinda disappointing in a way, but its not bugging me to bad since I know that this is finally all going down.

With my new check card I will also be making a donation to Mr. Steve Meade for providing us a kick ass site to chitchat!! I just gotta deposit some cash and set up a new paypal account first.

And now for a few pictures!

Camera batteries where starting to die so sorry for any bad pics :(

The 2 boxes I bought (should have 2 more on tuesday hopefully), not bad $120 bucks for 4 ports :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted Image

The inside of the boxes.

Posted Image

My new check card chilling on 2 of my new ports.

Posted Image

PS: Im also looking at some Mtec 8000k HID conversion kits, maybe gonna order them from ebay late this week or early next week.

The buy it now is $250, with $35 shipping. Was reading their auction pretty close and also checked out the FAKE mtecs which I am not wanting at all. I know Ive seen posts about HIDs before and tried searching the forums but didnt find anything but also didnt search too hard.

So has anyone used this company, any comments complaints etc? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUINE-800...sspagenameZWDVW

how bout some pics of the spl dynamics amp?

and its great you are getting the build going.

very nice subwoofer!

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

how bout some pics of the spl dynamics amp?

and its great you are getting the build going.

very nice subwoofer!

k

Speaking of the Spl Dynamics amp it looks similar to my 150.1 just a little bit bigger right..My amp is just like the SPL Dynamics EXT-2000. Do you have one or 2 of those amps?

For the most part spl dynamics and american bass are pretty much similar and run the same boards (a lot of different companies run the same boards as othere companies), but some of the electrical guts are different. Ive checked into it a lot and was interested in strapping my spl dynamics with an american bass vfl 200.1 but was told by both spl and ab that it would not work as well as some other competitiors that I talked too.

At the moment I have 1 in my hands, and the 2nd is my buddys which he does not use because he does not have enough electrical for it. I have discussed buying it from him for a while now, just got other more important wants and needs first, but when I compete in bass race your sure to bet that there will be 2 in my car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

spl dynamics ext-3000d next to a kicker kx1200.1

Posted Image

old setup

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmmmm I wonder what type sub this is.... Its not a DD but it looks like one kinda..

Posted Image

after i toasted my 9512 I took the carbon fiber dustcap off and gorilla glued the dustcap on a JENSEN xs1212, the sub only lasted 2 minutes if even that long....

So are ya building yet or still planning?? ;) Cant wait to see some buildin happenin!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Sub goes out monday morning before work. It shall be to DD by wednesday I hope, and should have it back the following week.

I cant really start building until I get the sub back. My box has to be built inside my trunk or else it wont fit.

Box specs:

Crx box (sub up, port back).

Im shooting for around 6 cuibc feet before sub, port, and 45ed corners displacement, and hoping for around 5-5.25 cubed after displacement.

Tuned to 40hertz

With four 4 inch presision ports. :lol:

Posted Image

But Im not sure on the total displacement of all 4 ports, and how many cubic inchs of port I will have :(

I will be making my 45 degree corners of 4x4 wood, and will rip it down the middle dianglelly.

Im thinking of having to use L brackets to screw the box together. I will also titebond 3 all wooden joints, and then resin over the inside.

Because Im having to build the box inside my trunk, I noticed that I will have to build the bottom, sides and front of the box first. Then I will have to bolt the sub to the top double baffle and install the top of the box. After I get the top, bottom, front, and sides built I will have to install the rear of the box last connect all 4 coils to the 8 bolts on the back panel, screw in the 4 ports, and then screw the back panel to the box.

Here is a quick sketch up in paint (I tried to use google sketch but it seemed like to much work to learn how to use it).

Posted Image

The 4 red and 4 black dots are going to be the positivie/negitive bolts that I will be connecting my speaker wires up too.

Archived