07 Ford Mustang, 2 12" w6v2's in the trunk.

today was my day off ffrom the shop but sidework is my life lol so heres todays work....

As every mustang owner knows.... ther trunks suck haha. But i managed to find a way to fit these JL W6V2's through the inside of the car. so here we go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

45d all them corners haha

Posted Image

i tuned this at 31hz. these jl's like to be lowwwww. And i had a bit more port room to work with in the build than in the Tiburon build i did on here.

I had 3.6 net volume at the end.

Posted Image

i also didnt want to just make a normal box btu didnt wanna go over the top cuz of the space issue and $$. i decided to go witht the old formica inlay trick lol.

YES the 1st layer of the baffle is 1/2"... but dont be skeptical its gettin another layer and its got that brace going down the center haha.

You can see the lines i marked out for the inlay. you can do lots with a compass haha.

Posted Image

here is the final baffle. the cutout will be used later to make the inlay.

BUT unfortunatly all the pics i took of making the inlay got deleted by a drunken idiot so il just explain it.

I took the 1/2 cutout and attached it to some 1/8 masonite and made a replica on the router. then just put some laminate over the top of it and repeated the process. with the 1/8 overall cut off the edges ffromt he original cut it fits nicely in the carpet and the subs hold it in. heres some finished pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and let me tell you, this is LOUD. i was amazed haha. he had them on the JL GMAX amp. the tiburon i did with the same woofers did a 143 at the last show and this sounds ALOT louder. im curious to see it on the meter. iguess we will find out at the next show

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

Why Cant I have more than 1 friend who likes car audio....................

other than 3-4 guys with teh loudz= Sony Xlodes.

WHY NOT ME (movie quote)

WHY NOT ME (movie quote)

haha well they arent really "friends", aquaintences lol or u could call them customers haha. once you do 1 system at a school u get alot more business from that school lol it jsut spreads

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

WHY NOT ME (movie quote)

ha i fill you on that i have only like two friends that like to beat but there to broke to buy stuff wtf.

where do you live?

2-10 inch hx2's rfd2110 getting close to 1200 watts rms

PWK enclosure-rear loading folded horn

1-mtx 81000d

1-SAX-100.4

1-alpine h/u

1-set of cdt's euro components

1-set of alpine type's

looks great mang, nice and clean :D

haha well they arent really "friends", aquaintences lol or u could call them customers haha. once you do 1 system at a school u get alot more business from that school lol it jsut spreads

I have installed the two loudest systems in the school. (not too big of a deal with not a lot of comp) out of prob 20 systems. They give me props and all this n that, but when it comes down to it they dont want to spend the money because they are baby back bitches with only the money mommy and daddy give them for allowence each week. GET A FUCKIN JOB. Thanks, oh and it looks good, I bet my trunk is about the size of those mustangs if not smaller 15 opening ftl.

BUSH LEAUGE haha jp.. Looks good its fun trying to fit a box in a trunk of a mustang is it bigger than my trunk

lol you know rob i got halfway through posting your build and forgot to finish hahahha

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

Archived