Second Battery In My Tahoe

38899224201_large.jpg

That is on my sierra, should be same as your tahoe, did one ground to the firewall and then parallel runs of power and ground to the other battery in the stock location. That is all you need.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

38899224201_large.jpg

That is on my sierra, should be same as your tahoe, did one ground to the firewall and then parallel runs of power and ground to the other battery in the stock location. That is all you need.

yup except that is where my stock battery is

im gunna do the big three to both batteries

all the electrical under the hood is stock right now

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Okay, on your main battery, the one on the passenger side im guessing, do your big 3 as normal. Ground to the frame, engine, and positive to the alt. On your second battery, you will do the two grounds as normal. But don't put one to the alternator...you could get voltage problems and end up frying the alt. I learned this the hard way on my tahoe. Just run your positive on your second batt to the positive on your first batt.

yes the stock battery is up by the firewall and is gunna be a pain in the ass to work with

why do you say it could fry the alt? puttin to much stress on a stock alt?

on my burban i have two runs of 1/0 coming of the back of my alt one two each of my D3400 under the hood with no problems (but its a 300 amp alt.. )

Well, they are common points, true. But here is my reasoning. When you have a run from alt. to batt 1 to batt 2, the alternator charges them in sequence. For example, the alt will charge your main battery first...then when it is charged, it will move on to your bank battery and charge it. This means that it may take longer to fully charge both batteries, but it will be a safe and consistent draw from your "STOCK" alternator. Now, if you have a run from your alt directly to each battery, then your alternator is having to work double to keep a charge on both of those batteries at the same time. It would take half the time to charge the two batteries, but like i said, your alt is trying to charge them both at one time, therefore it is working hard. If you take into equation both batts are drained one morning, you get in the hoe, and start bumping, then you got even more strain on that "STOCK" alternator...making more chances for magic smoke. This is just my reasoning behind all this...if someone sees flaws in it, please correct me...don't eat me alive.

Unfortunately, this is incorrect. Think about this for a second. You have two glasses, both empty and desire to fill them. You can do this one of two ways:

1. Set them side by side, under a funnel with two outlets - one into each glass. You pour water into the funnel and half of it is directed into each glass.

2. Connect each glass together at the bottoms with a 10 foot long tube that runs between the two - as in between them at the VERY bottom. The bottoms of both glasses are at the exact same height and the tube between them is absolutely level. You pour water only into one glass at the same rate as above.

Which will fill the glasses faster? Will one glass fill quicker than the other in either example.

Sometimes it is easy to grasp fundamentals like this when you use water analogies.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Okay, on your main battery, the one on the passenger side im guessing, do your big 3 as normal. Ground to the frame, engine, and positive to the alt. On your second battery, you will do the two grounds as normal. But don't put one to the alternator...you could get voltage problems and end up frying the alt. I learned this the hard way on my tahoe. Just run your positive on your second batt to the positive on your first batt.

yes the stock battery is up by the firewall and is gunna be a pain in the ass to work with

why do you say it could fry the alt? puttin to much stress on a stock alt?

on my burban i have two runs of 1/0 coming of the back of my alt one two each of my D3400 under the hood with no problems (but its a 300 amp alt.. )

Well, they are common points, true. But here is my reasoning. When you have a run from alt. to batt 1 to batt 2, the alternator charges them in sequence. For example, the alt will charge your main battery first...then when it is charged, it will move on to your bank battery and charge it. This means that it may take longer to fully charge both batteries, but it will be a safe and consistent draw from your "STOCK" alternator. Now, if you have a run from your alt directly to each battery, then your alternator is having to work double to keep a charge on both of those batteries at the same time. It would take half the time to charge the two batteries, but like i said, your alt is trying to charge them both at one time, therefore it is working hard. If you take into equation both batts are drained one morning, you get in the hoe, and start bumping, then you got even more strain on that "STOCK" alternator...making more chances for magic smoke. This is just my reasoning behind all this...if someone sees flaws in it, please correct me...don't eat me alive.

Unfortunately, this is incorrect. Think about this for a second. You have two glasses, both empty and desire to fill them. You can do this one of two ways:

1. Set them side by side, under a funnel with two outlets - one into each glass. You pour water into the funnel and half of it is directed into each glass.

2. Connect each glass together at the bottoms with a 10 foot long tube that runs between the two - as in between them at the VERY bottom. The bottoms of both glasses are at the exact same height and the tube between them is absolutely level. You pour water only into one glass at the same rate as above.

Which will fill the glasses faster? Will one glass fill quicker than the other in either example.

Sometimes it is easy to grasp fundamentals like this when you use water analogies.

I'm going to do the big three to both the batteries so both batteries will have a charge line from the alt and a frame and engine ground all with 1/0

Should be ok for 2200WRMS

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer