Sonic Electronix

So I just got my soundstream TX1.2000D from Floor50.com. (a authorized soundstream dealer) I spreader had a amp in my car but I sold it so all my old wires were in place. I just had to screw them into the amp. I started my car, turned on my radio, the red POWER led on the amp came on, and it went into protect mode and the blue led came on... "WHAT THE F★★K"

I went checked my ground/power wires, speaker wires, rca's... turned it on... PROTECT...

Unplugged my rca's in screwed the speakers... turned it on PROTECT...

any ideas would help. I know its not my subs they play the day I took out the old amp...

?bad ground? (Grounded at rear strut tower)

?low power? (4g wire, the manual calls for 2 or 4 gauge, I only have a 60amp fuse on the power wire... should I go grab a 100amp?)

Please let me know if ya got ne ideas cuz idk I'm quite pissed...

if you have another amp hook it up if it doesnt go into protect its the new amp its defected. if the other amp goes into protect then its your wiring.

now the comments below mine are about to say shit like u need 0gauge dont listen to em noobs

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

If the fuse was too small it would just pop the fuse, are you sure the impedance load is correct?

Did the 60a fuse ever pop? The manual calls for a 200a fuse.

Edited by azagtoth502

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

[qucote name=azagtoth502' timestamp='1311847236' post='1627001]

If the fuse was too small it would just pop the fuse, are you sure the impedance load is correct?

Did the 60a fuse ever pop? The manual calls for a 200a fuse.

Never. And I know it calls for a 200amp. I'm quite frustrated.

if you have another amp hook it up if it doesnt go into protect its the new amp its defected. if the other amp goes into protect then its your wiring.

now the comments below mine are about to say shit like u need 0gauge dont listen to em noobs

No I sold my old amp. I have a cap some where would that work?

do you have a DMM?

usually when the amp goes directly into protect like that it's one of two things...bad amp, or low impedance/dead short. Disconnect the speakers and RCA. If it still protects it's a bad amp.

This is why I don't like online sales.

Edited by Superjay

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

do you have a DMM?

usually when the amp goes directly into protect like that it's one of two things...bad amp, or low impedance/dead short. Disconnect the speakers and RCA. If it still protects it's a bad amp.

This is why I don't like online sales.

The power led comes on but only for a second. Then its protect. I mean you would think if your buying from a authorized dealer it would be all good... redick...

I don't have ne thing plugged into it. Jut rem, per, grnd...

Edited by CutlassTakenDumps

bad amp for sure unless u got it wet somehow either way its DONE!!! unless your power and ground is backwards but i doubt u would make that mistake and not realize it by now

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

reversing power and ground would blow fuses as soon as they are connected.

sounds like a bad amp. call Grizz at Soundstream, and see what he can do for you

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... soundstream had me check the bottom of the amp and the warranty sticker is voided... this means that I wss shipped a Manufacturer Refurbished amp, instead of the BRAND NEW one they said they were selling me... getting my $ back this is bs