Let's get this party started!

I got in a wreck in my Mountaineer a few months ago, but my audio equipment survived, and noone was hurt. So, time to install into my new vehicle!

(Wreck Thread)

(Old Build Log)

Gonna get this thread started so I can post up progress pics.

Car: 1995 Buick LeSabre

Head unit: Alpine CDA 105

Sub Amp: Sundown SAE 1200D v.2

Sub(s): Two Obsidian 15's

Mids/Highs Amp: SAX 125.4 (On the way!)

Mids/Highs: Stock for now! Waiting on them Sundown components to go on preorder!

Electrical: XS Power D3400 (Just ordered!), KnuKonceptz Kolossus 1/0/Knu Battery Terms./Knu Ring Terms./Knu Fuse blocks for big 3 (Just Ordered!)

Plan is to build a ported box in the trunk, firing forward, as big as possible with a tuning of 28-32 hz (the lower, the better to me)

I JUST ordered an XS Power D3400, Hydraulic Wire Crimping Tool, Dash Adapter/Wire Adapter for my head unit (Crutchfield.com), and a bunch of stuff from KnuKonceptz for my Big 3!

I'll post pictures of the stuff as I get it, and as I install it! I'll start this off with a pic of my car, cause everyone needs pics!

415412_3687000699253_891410432_o.jpg

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

• 1 month later...

Small update.

I just recently lost my job so I haven't had the money to do much. So far what I've done is:

- Installed my XS D3400 - I ended up dropping the bolt that bolts in the battery clamp and lost it - whoops! Doesn't seem to move though

- Installed my Alpine CDE 105, and 6 RCA's which are currently sitting in my center console for future use

- Done a 1/0 run from my alt pos, to a fuse holder just before the batter, than to my battery pos

- Done a 1/0 run from my battery neg to a bolt that holds two bars together. 1 bar come directly from my alternator, the other bar bolts in two places to my engine block. Pretty much a "Big 4" with one wire doing the job of two.

-Done two 1/0 runs from my battery, to my frame. The drill bit I used was a little to big, so my self-tapping bolt doesn't torque the way it should. I'll fix that tomorrow.

What I gotta do now, after I get a job (just lost my job), is get the materials for my enclosure, wire to run to my amps in the rear (I'm gonna run two 1/0 runs for possible future upgrades sake), build the enclosure, and then door speakers (still have my mind set on 2 pairs of Sundown SA6.5's)

Sorry for the slow progress, but money is the factor right now. I'm not going to half ass anything this time around.

I'll get some pics tomorrow.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

does your buick have a solid dash piece also? mine is one piece from door to door

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

i have a '99 century, but when i first saw it, i wanted to sell the car.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Archived