New company Ampere Audio 3500.1 guts

Steve Barber

And I am not trying to sell anything. I bought this amp and wanted to show off the guts.

That is what this section is for, right?

After being at CES this year I saw first hand how many companies are now just using "catalogs" to build their lines. There isn't a ton of in house innovation going on anymore.

Honestly i would do the same thing if I owned a audio company. It costs far less in R&D, you can have things built and make the necessary adjustments you want and just have the over seas company do that for you at a 1/3 the cost.

Looks like this guy is just trying to sell a successful design with his logo on it, like everyone else in the big-power amp game. This design just kicks ass and belongs to Sundown.

The design belongs to Sundown? That is funny… Let me guess, you and Jacob are buds and hang out all the time? You and Jacob talk about the inner workings of his business and designs all the time?

The design belongs to ZENON. It is a ZENON designed board.

but you agree that all your buddy is doing is buying in bulk, then selling, more of the exact same amplifiers that multiple different companies already sell. correct?

That is what every company is doing! Wake up.

And I don't know the guy, I saw his amp for sale and I bought it.

Looks like this guy is just trying to sell a successful design with his logo on it, like everyone else in the big-power amp game. This design just kicks ass and belongs to Sundown.

The design belongs to Sundown? That is funny… Let me guess, you and Jacob are buds and hang out all the time? You and Jacob talk about the inner workings of his business and designs all the time?

but you agree that all your buddy is doing is buying in bulk, then selling, more of the exact same amplifiers that multiple different companies already sell. correct?

That is what every company is doing! Wake up.

And I don't know the guy, I saw his amp for sale and I bought it.

i've been aware of everybody selling the same product for quite a while now.

Actually I was rather concise in my wording, allow me to refer you to my previous posts in this topic :)

OK, so people were asking Jacob a while back on another forum "Since so many companies use the same boards with different stickers, what makes Sundown so great and unique?" To which he replied: "We have unique board designs in all of our amplifiers, no other company uses our designs legally however there are a few illegitimate exact copies of our products floating around."

No I only witnessed the conversation, someone had asked and a few others had the same thing on their minds. To ease their concerns that is what Jacob had to say. It's not word-for-word but it's accurate enough for the purpose of telling the story.

That's usually the case. Sundown has their own designs, which I suppose they own given Jacobs wording around the subject.

If you wanna get Jacob himself in here go ahead, I can dig up the posts on CACO if need be. Not for you, though.

I'm gonna hate

Actually I was rather concise in my wording, allow me to refer you to my previous posts in this topic :)

OK, so people were asking Jacob a while back on another forum "Since so many companies use the same boards with different stickers, what makes Sundown so great and unique?" To which he replied: "We have unique board designs in all of our amplifiers, no other company uses our designs legally however there are a few illegitimate exact copies of our products floating around."

No I only witnessed the conversation, someone had asked and a few others had the same thing on their minds. To ease their concerns that is what Jacob had to say. It's not word-for-word but it's accurate enough for the purpose of telling the story.

That's usually the case. Sundown has their own designs, which I suppose they own given Jacobs wording around the subject.

If you wanna get Jacob himself in here go ahead, I can dig up the posts on CACO if need be. Not for you, though.

The fact is that the board is designed by ZENON not sundown. The prototype I have is built on a board with another companies name stamped on the board. Heres a hint it isn't sundown or ampere audio, and the company who's name is stamped on the board has been around for quite some time

Of course the board says Zenon if that's what you're referring to, anything that comes out of there does. The way it sounds though they cut a deal for exclusivity or paid for the R&D even if Zenon did it. Maybe it was a ruse to protect his business or appear more unique and competitive but that's not open for debate here.

I'm gonna hate

Archived