dude? that port though.

I have 3 different ports a 45 hertz port that is 10x8 a 35 hertz port that is 10x5.5 and a 29 hz port that is 6.25x6.25"

i think you are a little misunderstood as far as box tuning goes. you can only shrink your port so much to get a lower tuning. generally you will want a decent sized port, but make it LONGER to lower tuning. right now your at around 5.5sq inches of port per cube, which is way too small.. People tend to think the "port per cube" rule of thumb is garbage, but its just a rule of thumb. CAR AUDIO COMPANIES such as Fi and Sundown recommend a starting point of around 12-14sq inches of port per cube for a daily tune. I've went as low as 10 per with great results. I hope this helps.

I under-stand this completely this was meant to test what that port tuning would do in my vehicle..... the port is not finalized at this time... thankyou for the advice though...

I am sorry, with the size of that last port. I dont think you understand.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

What part of NC are you in?? I'm in Raleigh and there are like NO other bass heads here lol

Ouch... I take offense to that lol. I'm about am hour outside of raleigh in rocky mount. I will hopefully have 2 18's soon I had a build with a single 18 before. Sorry for the thread jack man. Your jeep looks really nice too I love that red! The liberty looks great with the lift on it!

I'm in Raleigh as well

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

I am sorry, with the size of that last port. I dont think you understand.

Lol I think he does understand dude. His box is shallow so without bending that's the only way to tune low enough. It will still give him a decent idea of how that tuning would sound for his setup at low power levels.

I think we all know its not optimal but he has learned since the first box build, and is discussing a rebuild now that would probably have a better design to achieve proper port area.... *hint*hint haha

Team NorthWestSPL

What part of NC are you in?? I'm in Raleigh and there are like NO other bass heads here lol

Ouch... I take offense to that lol. I'm about am hour outside of raleigh in rocky mount. I will hopefully have 2 18's soon I had a build with a single 18 before. Sorry for the thread jack man. Your jeep looks really nice too I love that red! The liberty looks great with the lift on it!

I'm in Raleigh as well

Sorry I meant like IN raleigh. We outta get a meet together sometime. It'd be nice to actually meet others like me! lol :D

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

Archived