Sundown Audio

dual 2 ohm voice coil wireing

Aistis Šestakauskas

Series each sub to 4 ohm then parallel them to 2 ohm bridged at the amp.

Like this example

maxresdefault.jpg

Can you post pics and maybe specs for the amp? I looked up what you said it is and it seems to be a 4 channel and only 2 ohm stable just want to make sure I found the right amp before trying to help. Also are you running one or two subs?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Here is the manual for it --> http://www.etc-shop.de/1und1_SHOP/Bilder/ETT/751141/751-141.pdf

It is a 4 channel amp. The amp can be bridged at 2 ohm according to manual. your put you wires from subs to the amp where the marking show bridged.

Mchammer_zpsdd815cf6.jpg

You would still have two channel left for something else

You can run your subs series for 4 ohm's each sub Then bridge one sub to each channel.

According to manual it would be same power either way. I would bridge it my self that way you will get balanced power to each coil. There could be variance's on output on each channel. If you did one voice coil per channel each coil could potentially be seeing different wattage. Bridged would balance it out

Archived