Second Skin Audio

Rockford p3 12 inch in a 4th order

RomanZ

Okay so would the p3 do well in a bandpass?

It will do OK. My suggestion would be 1.2 cubes sealed, 1.5 cubes ported tuned to 47 Hz. That should get you good response from the mid 20's Hz up to the mid 50's, which is about as good as you can hope for.

A 2.5 cube ported box tuned to 32 hz will be slightly louder though and take up less space.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yes those can work on 4th order bandpass but bear in mind that your two subs right now are louder than one sub no matter what box type you use and the 4th BP box will be nearly as large as your current box and likely at a loss of output.

Im just speaking on terms of someone who used to have a p3, if i were you, save your money and aim slightly higher. when you compare RF to brands that are just $75-$100 more you will be absolutely blown away with the difference and I know you will be so much happier if you save up for them. (whatever you choose)

But I know you're more likely very stoked to get this build underway and getting it put together, either way I'm interested in how this turns out! :woot:

I am excited to get it started and to see how it turns out. I'm thinking I'll do my first build thread with it!

It will do OK. My suggestion would be 1.2 cubes sealed, 1.5 cubes ported tuned to 47 Hz. That should get you good response from the mid 20's Hz up to the mid 50's, which is about as good as you can hope for.

A 2.5 cube ported box tuned to 32 hz will be slightly louder though and take up less space.

Well.. I think I'm going to go with a ported box then. Maybe try a 4th another time with some better equipment. 2.5 cubes net?

Yes those can work on 4th order bandpass but bear in mind that your two subs right now are louder than one sub no matter what box type you use and the 4th BP box will be nearly as large as your current box and likely at a loss of output.

I do realize I'll be losing output no matter what I was just trying to find the best way to minimize the amount of loss.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions!

Archived