Second Skin Audio

ADVICE on how to hit 20Hz hard with my planned setup?

You have to change it yourself. Edit the first post, click full editor (something like that) and change the text for the topic.

Also, two batteries and a stock 145A alt won't be enough for 4-5kW. Even on music. I'd get at least a 270A alt at a minimum, but the biggest you can get would be best. Or just build a good size battery bank (4-5 group 31's) and an AGM charger to top them off every night.

That makes sense I wanted to get the big 5000 amp ones but couldnt fit them in my stock locations under hood. So decided to go with 2x3300amp xs power.

Your under the hood battery doesn't need to be the same size as the ones you make a bank out of. Get the largest that will fit in the stock location if you do not want to make and modifications, and then build a battery rack/enclosure to secure the batteries in the back, and if you've got the money to spend on it, get the biggest (most aH) AGM batteries you can for the rear. But you will need a charger for a battery bank, high output alt or not.

Allright so lots more power is needed. Check

Possible 18 " monster sub may do it. Check

What else

e woukd i be looking at for sub (s) combinations with the 5 -7 cube box space I have available to hit 20 Hz comfortably

?

Is there a recipe. Do any of u have any rides that are daily drivers that are 20 hz capable and loud?

How do I get a sub that's rated to 25 hz to play down to 20 hz. Box tuning? Port length?

If you're getting an 18 you need 8 cubes after displacement. You can get away with 6.5 but you're looking to getting low so tune low. And go big.

One thing. If you're not always playing edited music you won't like that setup.. For daily I prefer a box that plays everything . For demos and playing edited music then it might then your way might work. I really think you should think about it more before doing anything

How do I get a sub that's rated to 25 hz to play down to 20 hz. Box tuning? Port length?

Its not that the sub is "rated" at 25 Hz, that is just its free air resonant frequency. Once you put it in a box everything changes. It should be able to play below that number just fine as long as the box is designed to so it. Like others have said, you are going to want to tune the box low.

What are you listening to that has content at 20 Hz anyway?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Just tune you're box to 32 hz and make it the largest you can. You will thank me later. You won't find anything that plays that low and just because you tune it low don't mean your recorded 33hz song will play at 20hz. You will only be able to play a few remastered songs. I have mine at 33hz and it gets plenty low and plays above 40hz

If you're getting an 18 you need 8 cubes after displacement. You can get away with 6.5 but you're looking to getting low so tune low. And go big.

One thing. If you're not always playing edited music you won't like that setup.. For daily I prefer a box that plays everything . For demos and playing edited music then it might then your way might work. I really think you should think about it more before doing anything

I'm definately putting lots of thought into. That's why I'm asking for advice. I won't rush into this like I did buying a JL13W7 then being dissapointedm with the price.

I listen to a lot of drum an bass. Jungle. Dub step. And trap songs. Slayer. Six feet under. Shit like that. I'm at work but will post more in a bit. Thanks for the replys so far guys

So u mention getting away with 6.5 cubes to 8 after displacement with an 18. Tuning to 32 and sending it enough power to hit low frequent around the 23 hz range. I can definately live with that. I was looking at that sound cube 18" that was mentioned .

From experience do u guys think that's a better route than two 15s or two 12s. Two twelve give me more inches of cone to push air. Is that an important factor? Would that bigger cone space with tqo twelves win over the 18 since it's more surface area. ?

Archived