Second Skin Audio

It doesn't take much to keep the box from "ringing". If you ever wondered what your box sounds like tuned a little lower then stuff a little more, its quick and easy to try. Like anything else, its just something you have to see to believe. If you haven't tried it then you don't know what you are missing.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

So recently I decided to go for a subwoofer and purchased an Infinity Reference 1262w (300w rms) and decided to build the box myself with limited woodwork skills. Being relatively new to the audio scene,

• Is 22mm (approx 7/8") plywood good enough,
  • Is it necessary to double baffle the front side of the box?
  • also, should I add polyfill to the enclosure?
Note: Box is sealed

Thanks!

Have you considered using 3/4 MDF wood instead of plywood ? Mdf is smoother and might sound better than plywood, i never used plywood before so i have no idea how it sounds. i had two infinity 1052w subs and another time i had a infinity 1252w sub and i liked them both. Go on the google play store and download "ultimate car audio app" it has a box maker calculater on it u have to put in length height and depth and it will tell u ur measurements to cut and tell you what ur net volume is

MDF is another word for pulp wood right? and wood type affects sound? im new to box building to but i dumpster dive for my wood. take the banged up scraps from spectra. plus side is i have 1 1/4" thick wood to work with, and its got a thin sheet of normal wood on each end. but its pulp wood in the center.

Current Subs: 2 Alpine SWR-1522D's, Sundown X-18

Current Amps: SAE-1500D on 100A 14.4v psu, Technics SA-560,Some Sony, Some Pioneer - crackles if on to long

Archived