Sonic Electronix

Why does bass travel further outside some cars?

Back in the day (early 90s) I had two kicker c15s sealed 3 cubes each running off of a punch 200. They could hear me for 4 blocks driving through town. We didn't know about lows back then. All I was worried about was if it could play all of the DJ majic Mike tape I had. Forget cd, it would skip. lol Loud is as loud does.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Many factors come into play here, one is the size of the woofer/woofers, another is the size of the enclosure, another is tuning and finally the amount of power your running.

There is no one thing that makes a system project it's loudness outside a vehicle, but a combination of things.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Yeah hatchbacks and tiny cars are extremely loud inside, my friend did a 152 or I believe a 151 at 29 hertz on 3,000 watts rms with a single skar 12 in a trunk wall , giant aeroport tuned low, Scion FR-S. Outside you could barely hear anything even with both windows down

151 at 29 Hz on a 12" (Skar) sub, on 3k ? I can' believe it ! In a trunk ?

That is incredible ! :shok:

Did you want to write 131, or maybe 141 ?

i stand corrected... god damn i feel so stupid I went back to look at the post and I realize I had a massive brain fart , he actually did a 152 with 2 12's on a 5k amp at 1 ohm, but he did a 47 with the single 12. Sorry for the mixup I really thought I remembered the details correctly

Many factors come into play here, one is the size of the woofer/woofers, another is the size of the enclosure, another is tuning and finally the amount of power your running.

There is no one thing that makes a system project it's loudness outside a vehicle, but a combination of things.

You're right, but how come the guy with Sony xplod's was louder than me outside

I have noticed sealed boxes seem to carry louder out of the car than ported, I think because the cabin acts like the ported section of a 4th order. IDK

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Back in the day (early 90s) I had two kicker c15s sealed 3 cubes each running off of a punch 200. They could hear me for 4 blocks driving through town. We didn't know about lows back then. All I was worried about was if it could play all of the DJ majic Mike tape I had. Forget cd, it would skip. lol Loud is as loud does.

Haha the good old days. What kind of car ?

Archived