This is my very first build guys, im really trying my best to learn. I spend hours on this site every day looking for tips. Any advice at all is appreciated, im planning on getting my MECP. I'm just starting to somewhat learn what im doing. Good or bad, any advice is wanted, Im here to learn. So heres my car, its a 94 taurus, a 200 amp alt, 1/0 big 3, cheap 850 amp battery, jl 1/0awg power, Boss 35 farad cap, 2 750.1's and 2 12" l7's.

SSPX0516.jpg

SSPX0528.jpg

Heres my port so far, tuned to 30hz.

SSPX0511.jpg

Fitting 10 cubes into the trunk isnt the easiest thing, especially if you dont know what your doing.

SSPX0512.jpg

A shot of the rear side of the box. I made it so it would come through the middle of my back seat. I took out the armrest and cut and resowed the fabric.

SSPX0513.jpg

SSPX0517.jpg

Corner peices in.

SSPX0518.jpg

Just needs the baffle.

SSPX0519.jpg

Having a bit of trouble fitting that beast in there. I had to use a grinder to take out alot of the metal behind the seat in order for that box to get through there.

SSPX0520.jpg

Before my back seat temporarily goes back in. Im still in high school so i occasionally give rides home, so im constantly taking out my back seat and putting it back in.

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."

SSPX0521.jpg

New zx750.1's

SSPX0526.jpg

The first peice of wood for the amp rack, had to cut the slots for the trunk hinges.

SSPX0531.jpg

Trim peices

SSPX0532.jpg

Carpeted the box, she's wearing her clothes now.

SSPX0533.jpg

SSPX0534.jpg

SSPX0535.jpg

SSPX0536.jpg

Still needs more carpet of course, and i need to drill holes for my wires. I dont know how to fiberglass yet, so im just cutting bits and pieces of plywood to make it work. I plan on picking up the materials to glass this weekend, so i can finally teach myself how, it just looks so intimidating.

SSPX0537.jpg

Please guys, tell me what you think. Remember its my first time, and i wanna learn. Its quickly turning from a hobby to a passion and im only 17.

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."

how big of baffle can you squeeze in there?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

how big of baffle can you squeeze in there?

The One i got in there is 36" wide, and 14" tall. Its the biggest i could fit through my side door the into the trunk.

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

nice so far. just make sure that the amps dont get the crap shaken out of them. Rubber mounting thingys can stop this. moar pics :)

Thanks alot, ill look up at the hardware store next time i go, i think thats how i killed my last two amps. :(

I wasnt thinking and mounted them directly to the top of the box where the most vibration would take place. Im off work the next two days, so ill get as much work done as i possibly can.

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

seems like alot of box for 2 12's ... 4 - 5 cubes after displacements max IMO.

otherwise its not too bad. stick around man and youll learn a great deal ;)

glassing isnt to hard ... at least if youre not painting it :)

dont be intimidated, just give it a shot ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

seems like alot of box for 2 12's ... 4 - 5 cubes after displacements max IMO.

otherwise its not too bad. stick around man and youll learn a great deal ;)

After all the displacement it comes out to be around 9.1-9.2 cubic feet. So its about 1 cubic foot more than what the kicker website recommends. But thank you for the input, ill definitely keep it in mind.

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

first build my ass

Doing alright for a first build. I think a lot more practice is needed to even shoot for your MECP

I done installs, and worked at shops about 3 years before I was ever asked to take my MECP test

lol.. funny thing is now, because I'am an electrician, I could probably ace the MECP test to at least Installer first class to Master installer

since I aced my electricians test which was almost identical 3 times in a row

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

After all the displacement it comes out to be around 9.1-9.2 cubic feet. So its about 1 cubic foot more than what the kicker website recommends. But thank you for the input, ill definitely keep it in mind.

what?? kicker says a 12" needs 4 cubes?? i have to go look this up.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived