Emperorjj1 Finally Finishing Something (door Pods)

I started working on fiberglass door pods for both midrange and midbass drivers. Im going to be using the CDT ES-07 for midrange and Hertz Hi Energy HV200 as midbass. The cdt will be IB and the hertz will be sealed. Ive only started so don't trip on how it looks because the face has yet to even begin.

Just made the cutout for the pod and seeing how it looks on the door and what will hit. Also did measurements to see how far in the door we can fiberglass.

Posted Image

Prepping for fiberglass by tapping off the panel

Posted Image

Test fitting the already glassed "pod" in the door. Both luckily fit well and now they are ready for more fiberglass to give it the support

Posted Image

2 more layers of fiberglass for the support

Posted Image

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

this is from a while back just never posted it. hoping to do some more work soon. Oh and i decided on the blue Kevlar/carbon fiber

Posted Image

Just did the last step before doing the front portion of the pods. I threw in some Second Skin Luxery Liner Pro on the outer door panel along with a bit on the innermost plastic panel as well. So far i've only done the drivers side and i'm going to tackle the pass side in a few days. The drivers side got most of the product with LLP coverage on all 3 sections of the door and the most product in the door panel. When i do the pass side it should have ~40% less

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's both the speaker rings cut out, routered and mounted to the pod.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the after pic of the resin soaked fabric after it dried and we started sanding. I forgot to get some pics in between but what basically happened was we sprayed the edges of the back of the pod with spray adhesive... pulled some fabric over the ring, restretched it and brushed resin on the fabric. After it fully dried sanded it to prep for the fiberglass

Posted Image

We put 2 layers of fiberglass on at once so this pic shows both of them after the resin dried

Posted Image

Same as before... sanding the fiberglass to prep for the third final layer

Posted Image

heres the third layer of fiberglass after its dry. If you notice the weave is different.... Its labeled as "thicker" material but its about the same physical thickness as before just a finer weave. It was a bit more difficult to work with but overall worth it. Also it seemed quite a bit more see thru once it was resin soaked

Posted Image

Cut off all the fiberglass and smoothed it all out

Posted Image

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

pic of it all done with black primer.... test fit in the door (looks pretty badass just like that IMO)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Starting to put on the blue kevlar/ carbon fiber

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

all done... epoxied and clear coated

Posted Image

Ive been so busy at work that i haven't been able to get any sunlight pics so i took some for now and will post more later... the 2 of the 3 that show the blue Kevlar decently well are an idea of what it looks like in person with sunlight or up close (in really good sunlight it stands out more) but the 3rd is a better idea of what it looks like either in artificial light or at first glance when its not quite so bright out. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*New Tweeter pod pics on post #25*

looks nice. How does it sound?

x2 dat shit looks off the hook.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Im lookin at gettin a cobalt. what size is the stock front door? and nice finish on it looks sick :D

6.5 up front 6x9 in the rear
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived