Jump to content

SnowDrifter

Super Moderator
  • Posts

    14671
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    156

Everything posted by SnowDrifter

  1. It should work fine for everything except making sure you are not clipping your subs. You need a different tool to do that (oscilloscope / DD-1)
  2. It happened after my friend accidentally arced the power wires from his amp to the magnet.
  3. I know right? And the magnet is some bizarre design. It's a single magnet with a smaller one where the backing plate should be. I'll post a pic in a second if im thinking correctly, the magnet on the back indicates that the sub wont mess up CRT tv's (like when you put a magnet close to an old school tv and the colors go insane) You may very well be right. However, this sub doesn't seem to act any different then my other one around CRT TVs. Same discoloring and image distortion
  4. I know right? And the magnet is some bizarre design. It's a single magnet with a smaller one where the backing plate should be. I'll post a pic in a second
  5. Not sure. Did you watch it all the way through where it goes forward?
  6. Let me start off by saying that this sub is one I use for experimentation. I in no way care about it. The dustcap is made from paper plates glued together haha.
  7. YES What condition is it in? If it works fine - go for it
  8. Thanks everyone for the input! Time to ditch the sludge idea and go learn to fiberglass
  9. That's still chokingly small. I would say ~60 sq in of port as a minimum (I'm using 73 for my current box) What's your port shape? I didn't mean it like total area of port, 16sq in per cube. Sorry i didn't explain it better! haha. I built a box for a XL 18, Has 6.06 after, and 18 sq in per cube with 114 sq in of port area. Just to give you a rough idea though. Oh, my bad. I thought you meant total LOL. In that case stick to 12-16 sq in per cubic foot. I like to err towards the larger side of a port when possible since it gets louder. But also be aware that with a larger port - the sub will unload faster when it drops below the tuning point
  10. That's still chokingly small. I would say ~60 sq in of port as a minimum (I'm using 73 for my current box) What's your port shape?
  11. You could try getting some self adhesive foam weatherstripping at home depot or something and use it to suppliment the stock seal where the bend is
  12. Ok. Do you know of a place that sells chopped fiberglass 'hair'(like the stuff that comes out of a fiberglass chopper gun or what is used in kitty hair) to I can mix it with my resin when I do 45s?
  13. As the title suggests... Would it be beneficial to coat the inside of a ported box in something like Second Skin's Spectrum Sludge to get rid of any resonances within it?
  14. Or even better: something hidden like this http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202453948/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 but I will be pulling 1800 watts through it
  15. It's on one right now. But I would like to clean it up a bit, hide the power strip, and have a switch next to where I am sitting since the amp is across the room Ahhhh. Yeah like said, You can get these lamp like turn on's, That have wireless remotes. They would work great. Walmart, Target, or along those lines would have one. Something like this? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=17101312&findingMethod=rr Exactly! Thanks. I just need one that's 3 prong with a really beefy cord
  16. It's on one right now. But I would like to clean it up a bit, hide the power strip, and have a switch next to where I am sitting since the amp is across the room
  17. Wire a switch to the power outlet? Exactly. That's the part I am wondering about
  18. Is there an easy way to turn on my power outlet with a switch of some sort? Something cheap?
  19. If you are sure that all of your trunk seals are 100% good, you have no moisture under the mats, and nothing damp in the trunk - you could try putting some painters dessicant in there to soak up the humidity
  20. I want to go crawl in a hole right now because it is such a noob mistake... The midbass that was about 3 feet away from the sub was out of phase You were right n8
  21. Same thing. But it seemed to go away regardless of phase when I turned my mids and high off? Let me go play around with this a little bit. I will be back
  22. Checked the input (3.5mm to XLR), then checked the crossover(XLR to XLR), then checked the wires going from the amp to the sub(Red to Red to Red). I am using a mixer, DJ crossover, and a DJ amp but using car subwoofers. And it plays completely normal at low volumes, It's only at high volumes that it shifts the peak from being say +5mm - -5mm to +3mm - -7mm
×
×
  • Create New...